cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

You know it's slow when........

There is only 3/4 of a page of newer posts and zero in the Fifth wheel category..

used to see 3 or 4 pages of posts..... welcome winter
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
15 REPLIES 15

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
camperdave wrote:
I think it's mostly the rise of the facebook groups. Why post here and get crapped on when you can be in a friendly environment of other people who share your similar interests?

It's a part of the ever narrowing of our personal worlds. More sub groups of like minded people, less interactions with people of different viewpoints.

Hmmm, your last statement caught my attention and has me thinking. I think you may be on to something there...
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
I think it's mostly the rise of the facebook groups. Why post here and get crapped on when you can be in a friendly environment of other people who share your similar interests?

It's a part of the ever narrowing of our personal worlds. More sub groups of like minded people, less interactions with people of different viewpoints.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve been on since 03. Got tons of helpful information. Today things are really slow.. I donโ€™t even see enough action during summer months that I get on very often. People have always argued and cut others down. That does not help newbies stay on the forum. Hopefully we can keep forum up and gaining good quality information.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
SabreCanuck wrote:
I do believe it is because for the most part when anyone posts anything about s9mething they get dumped on by the same old tired cranky members that dumped on them last time.

This site USED to have people willing to help but as soon as someone mentions a hitch, tires, weight or brand the old boys take the thread comlletely over to see who can out comment the other old boy into submission.

I believe what you are seeing is the lack of interest in the old boys nattering and just answer the frickin question.

Very well said and spot on. I rarely post anymore for these very reasons; a question about about something they are unsure of ends up in the same cranky members arguing over which hitch is best....it has gotten old.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
I do believe it is because for the most part when anyone posts anything about s9mething they get dumped on by the same old tired cranky members that dumped on them last time.

This site USED to have people willing to help but as soon as someone mentions a hitch, tires, weight or brand the old boys take the thread comlletely over to see who can out comment the other old boy into submission.

I believe what you are seeing is the lack of interest in the old boys nattering and just answer the frickin question.
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
I have noticed that this forum and others are "smaller" lately also. I believe at least part of it is all the brand and/or model specific FB pages that one can join. I belong to a couple of those groups and they seem to work better for me.
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
There is only 3/4 of a page of newer posts and zero in the Fifth wheel category..

used to see 3 or 4 pages of posts..... welcome winter

Maybe more people are out boondocking, without Internet service! ??
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Can't be too slow though at some dealers as I've seen quite a few new rigs heading east on the NYS T-way past 3-4 weeks.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Slow Yes, I think its time to get the Rand McNally trip planer out, and start looking for spring destinations.

Rustycamperpant
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, cold here outside Chicago. Wifey tells me she saw a camper filling up at the gas station and she was envious. We always wonder where folks are heading, I like it better when we are causing the wondering.....
2009 Ford Expedition EB, 3.73, Equal-i-zer
2015 KZ Sportsman Showstopper 301BH

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Sadly here in upstate NY there were 3 fatalities this weekend, the very 1st weekend of snowmobiling ( or when trails opened for the season). I know this is a RV forum and topic is number of posts, but as we seek out things to fill the void of RVing until next year, we don't need to be hearing about things of this nature.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I'm the odd poster then. In the spring summer and fall I'm busy with projects or RV'ING in the winter I get bored and read the forum. I enjoy reading about other people's trips and planning new trips myself.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Winter is here. I have not even opened my S&Ts software to mess with plans for next year in more than a week. That is bad. Usually a few times a week I am rooting around looking for bluegrass festivals, lawnmower racing, dirt track racing, air shows, anything to work into where we think we might like to go.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, when I got up this morning, I counted only 21 posts in the last 24 hours (new posts). I thought, Oh Wow! Is is going to be a slow day for sure!

I know, every year since I've been using RV.net this season of year becomes less active on these forums. But, I do think this is a new "low" ... as in "low volume."

Maybe folks are still coming here to read new posts, but no one is posting anything new. It's really winter blahs... for sure! And to think, we have till approximately mid March - early April before camping season opens back up again ... especially in the Northern States.

We're staying home over Christmas this year, not doing our Florida or South Carolina pilgrimage this time. Our grandson will be with his dad this year (they live with us) and he's now 5. So, this is the year we're doing Christmas again at home! The kid is a perfect age and he's with "Dad" this year for the entire week. So, what that means is... no travel updates form me this year! One less post for sure!