cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DirecTV HD Charge

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
Do you suppose when DirecTV does away with SD channels they will do away with the $10.00 charge for HD? Since you won't have the option there shouldn't be an additional charge.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)
26 REPLIES 26

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
If one watches a lot of TV and you want to stream a high end plan is required. Most unlimited plans are not unlimited. They throttle after as little as 20G. Watching in HD will quickly eat up over 100G a month You certainly cannot ( and should not ) use CG WiFi.

Moisheh

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
I want my DTV!

X 1000!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

eflyersteve
Explorer
Explorer
Wife and I dumped satellite years ago when I put together a spreadsheet of our 'must have' shows and found that most can be purchased in complete seasons for less than we were paying for 3 months of sattelite.

I know it doesn't answer the OP's question, but we certainly don't miss satellite at all and you can take your shows with you. Just need to shift your viewing time to coincide with the season releases.
2019 Coachmen Freedom Express 204RD
2011 F150 Super Crew FX4, 5.0L V8
Husky Centerline WD Hitch

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I want my DTV!
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
CincyGus wrote:
I use my VZ unlimited data plan to stream Playstation VUE on my phone and then cast it to my TV. Rarely due I not have 2 bars which is what I need to keep a stable picture with only occasional buffering. 3 bars and we are buffering free.

If I don't have the required signal, we DVD it or watch movies I've downloaded from Amazon Prime onto my tablet. I'm allowed to have 20 at any given time and I replace them after watching with something new so I always have 20 we haven't seen yet.

Never been anywhere we couldn't get OTA, a decent cell signal OR power to watch TV. If it was raining so bad we couldn't go out and I didn't have any of the above I have Yahtzee, UNO cards, regular playing cards along with a travel backgammon board. Bring on the apocalypse!

Not sure where you stop/camp but I sure have been a lot of places where nothing other than satellite TV would be available.
Enjoy your travels but don't assume that your experiences are what everyone should expect.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
DTV letter says they will replace everything I need free of charge for the
April 30 deadline for SD. Nothing was said about me signing a contract. So I expect my monthly bill will stay the same as it is now. If not, they will not be happy when I give them "the dump" after 22 years, especially after giving me the new equipment. 90% of our tv watching is OTA because it is HD, and because the sats don't supply any of the sub channels
which is what we mostly watch. I can't imagine them charging me for less than I get for free.
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use my VZ unlimited data plan to stream Playstation VUE on my phone and then cast it to my TV. Rarely due I not have 2 bars which is what I need to keep a stable picture with only occasional buffering. 3 bars and we are buffering free.

If I don't have the required signal, we DVD it or watch movies I've downloaded from Amazon Prime onto my tablet. I'm allowed to have 20 at any given time and I replace them after watching with something new so I always have 20 we haven't seen yet.

Never been anywhere we couldn't get OTA, a decent cell signal OR power to watch TV. If it was raining so bad we couldn't go out and I didn't have any of the above I have Yahtzee, UNO cards, regular playing cards along with a travel backgammon board. Bring on the apocalypse!
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
Dump it all and just use over-the-air television. You'll be much richer, and won't have to fret over that $10.00 at all.

So, what OTA channel can I tune to in order to watch "Outlander"? How about "The Curse of Oak Island"? Or SJ Sharks games?

And how do you get OTA channels when you out of OTA channel range. We dry camp in the mtns a lot and using a dish is the only way to get stations. Oregons not like living in mass populated areas.

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
No NASCAR, God forbid!

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right! No Food Network and Mama's not happy. When Mama's not happy no one.....Keep DTV!

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Dump it all and just use over-the-air television. You'll be much richer, and won't have to fret over that $10.00 at all.

So, what OTA channel can I tune to in order to watch "Outlander"? How about "The Curse of Oak Island"? Or SJ Sharks games?
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
A few months ago they raised my bill, it was $135. They lowered it to $72. Give eโ€™m a call. I have a pic of the bill for the naysayers but I donโ€™t use URLs for pics.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:

This is exactly what we did about 3 or 4 years ago. Haven't missed it a single moment since.

garyemunson wrote:
Dutchman must not camp in the places we do. For us, sat is usually the only game in town unless we want to watch DVDs....

DVDs are our solution for rainy days when we can't get outside. We don't even bother with OTA television when camping.

In direct response to the OP's question: no one knows.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
DutchmenSport wrote:

I did and you know what my problem is... There is so much good OTA TV these days what with the "Tier 2" (or 3.4. N) networks that I do not have time to watch it all. I have about 300 hours of DVR and the drives are fast filling up. the 40 Gig drive has only 15 hours of free space and I just dumped like 12 hours of unwatched movies (Ok so they were not that good) the 250 Gig drive still has room but it too is filling.

OH and you know those ads "Only our over priced subscription service lets you pause. back up. fast forward. start watching in one room. finish in another. download to a portable device and watch anywhere and so on and so forth.....

I pay 25 dollars a year for an Electronic program guide. That's all folks. and do all the above.. FREE software works the download magic. and the DVR's are "Chatty" with each other for the rest.

I also read the EPG on my computer (Server serves it up as a web page) and program the recordings with my mouse... Current server is my Windows laptop. the Win-7 Desktop having a problem I need to get around to fixing (Yes I will fix it myself).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times