cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Licensing a TT in California

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
In CA, do TTs get assigned a permanent trailer plate and registration like utility of cargo trailers get?
Bob
14 REPLIES 14

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
lhenry8113 wrote:
My boat trailer-about 25 ft.-has permanent plates and my 5'vr has permanent plates with an new DMV registration annually and a new yearly sticker applied to license plate.

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, I think that you misunderstood what permanent plates are. They say permanent on them and you never have to put new stickers on them.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
My boat trailer-about 25 ft.-has permanent plates and my 5'vr has permanent plates with an new DMV registration annually and a new yearly sticker applied to license plate.
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

wrktfsh
Explorer
Explorer
My zeppelin 241 has annual plates, my boat trailers have perm plates

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
No permanent plate (PTI, typical for utility trailers and such).

A travel trailer will have registration due annually, and will get a sticker for the plate just like a car.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
trail-explorer wrote:
In CA, do TTs get assigned a permanent trailer plate and registration like utility of cargo trailers get?

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, my understanding and from what I've seen, only trailers under 16 feet can get a Permanent trailer license in California.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
And with the wonderful Gas tax and registration fee increase,, You can expect a 30% increase THIS year and for it to Sky Rocket next year! Best part is,,, they can increase it with out voter approval!!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
If you are talking about permanent plates like on a boat trailer or utility trailer the answer is no, unless it is under 16'. Otherwise you get a plate just like a car with a yearly registration fee.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

lhenry8113
Explorer
Explorer
Yes
2017 Chev/CLass C Forest River Forester 2251 SLE

A Positive Attitude May Not Solve All Your Problems But It Will Annoy Enough People To Make It Worth The Effort.
H Albright

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
They can be LINK good for 5 years.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes!

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
I got a permanent license plate, registration, a pink slip and yearly reg fees.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
This should help you LINK

No info there about what I was looking for.
Bob

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Yes.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
This should help you LINK
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE