cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

towing rates

Road_Phantom
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know or have an idea how much RV towing companies charge per mile. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
If you are referring to ERS type towing. I had to have my truck and 5er towed about 7 years ago. I was on eastbound I-240 just east of Oklahoma City. ERS sent two trucks, one rollback for the truck and a pickup with 5th wheel hitch for the 5er. One driver took the truck about 5 miles to a dealer and the other towed the 5er about the same distance to a KOA. Wife and two granddaughters went with the first driver to the dealer. I went with the pickup driver. That driver pulled the 5er into my assigned site, waited while did basic hookups, then took me to the dealer where my truck was. Total costs was approximately $450. Probably a little higher now.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will tell you only this. for a Big motor home (Like my 38' class A) you need a Heavy Duty (Semi size) tower.. The charge varies depending on location.. Both the "Hookup" and the millage will depend on where you are when you break down.

Plan on a thousand dollars for most tows. YOU WILL GET CHANGE BACK in all likelyhood. I have been towed 3 times and winched a few times (Stuck in sand or loose dirt) the winches were 100-250 dollars the tows ran about 800 each. One of 'em was from Savannah GA to Darien Ga. if you want to check the millage. One was from Darien (Technically Townsend twp) to a different site in the same township that one was a bit less... They only damaged one thing (Very Minor and 'nm not sure which tower did the damage.. I fixed it no charge).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Are you talking roadside assistance (aka: tow truck)

Or are you talking about someone to tow your trailer to a campsite?

Makes a big difference.

Assuming the second, start & end points and total distance make a big difference in the per mile price. A 50 mile tow from remote are to remote area will likely be much higher per mile than a 1500 mile tow from populated area to populated area.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Tal_IL
Explorer
Explorer
Several years ago, my 33'Class A gasser had to be towed about 20 miles. Had a very difficult time finding someone to tow it and the bill was $750.
35 miles from Normal, IL. As close to normal as I'll ever be.

2006 Country Coach Inspire Genoa 40ft

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
They may charge more for different types of vehicles. Very common for a 4x4 having a higher charge, or for an rv.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Check this for a rough idea.
https://www.uship.com/cost-to-ship/vehicles/recreational-vehicles-rvs/