cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laredo crossing

sdickbos
Explorer
Explorer
Am filling out paperwork for FMM and am stuck already. Planning to cross on bridge #2 in Laredo. The FMM form gives 3 choices for Laredo crossing, am I correct the bridge #2 is the same as Nuevo Laredo ll (Juarez-Lincoln)? Thanx in advance

NOTE: Did you see the "Announcement : ★★READ BEFORE POSTING HERE★★" located at the top of this forum?
    "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserved for questions on how to post in the forums, signature and photo testing, reporting website or member account issues. Please avoid using Forum Posting Help and Support for RV related questions, as doing so can delay responses to your thread. Instead, create future threads in the RV FORUM which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!"
3 REPLIES 3

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
These are great instructions. We crossed here on Tuesday with no issues.We did Columbia for years but now prefer Puente 2 Laredo.
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, that's the same bridge. Although I'm probably the only one on this forum that thinks so, this is the best crossing. It's at the end of I-35. Pay a small toll in Peso or USD, ride through the first inspection on the Mexico side (they hardly ever stop you here - keep moving with certainty unless a uniformed person signals you to stop). Keep to the left - your goal is to drive parallel to the Rio Grand for a few miles. If you have your tourist permit keep on heading southeast- if not look for a left turn dogleg which is controlled by a traffic light arrow. Make the turn and you'll wind up under the bridge you just crossed. There's a large parking area on your left. In the large white building find the #1 counter to get your tourist permit. Bring a pen or two. You have your TIP so after you've filled out and paid for the tourist permit you're good to go.
Back to the same 4 lane divided highway in a southwesterly direction until you pass under an overpass. Get in the left lane and get on that road and Monterrey.
Have a great trip!