cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stephen Foster SP Florida

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone camped here during the Christmas Festival of Lights? Just wondering how crowded it gets and if camping during the week is the way to go. I see they have silent nights which are during the week. It’s just me and the DW so no kids that need s’mores or to see Santa. Are the lights within walking distance of the campground? Thinking of heading up early Dec. 2019. Thanks for the info.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience
4 REPLIES 4

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
The lighting has decreased over the years. Visitors will enter via the back gate and make the about 3/4 mile route stopping where they can. Weekends and the week of Christmas will be the most traffic. Near the Carillon tower will be a bon Fire, marshmallow roasting etc along with some demonstrations. The traffic should not enter the campground so you won’t see many outsiders. We used to make a week every year during the Christmas light times but since the reduced lighting, we have passed. Reservations are totally booked up by 1 hour after 11 months window.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
There are a few posts on Stephen Foster.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've been to the festival but haven't camped there since the park is only an hour or so away from our home. During the weekends it does draw a crowd, midweek not so much. The CG is a fair hike from the auditorium which is the center of activities as you can see from this Map

I don't know if you are aware that Silver Springs SP also hosts a festival of lights which I'd say is probably somewhat larger than the Stephen Foster display.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper