cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

grill top

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Iam looking for a griddle top to put on my propane grill. Flat iron type. Not black cast iron.
7 REPLIES 7

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Vintage, that looks really nice. I'm always envious of guys with your skills.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon, Walmart, Lodge all have Carbon Steel Griddles. I am assuming you meant that you wanted a steel griddle and not Iron but you did say Iron and not Cast Iron. Neither one should warp and they will weigh about the same. Restaurant Supply stores should have a wide selection. Walmart has one for a three burner cooktop.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I saw a SS one in Home Depot the other day
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
For my Q-1000, I went to the local steel fab shop and bought some 3/16" steel plate and some 5/16" cold rolled round stock and made one. Put the grill on top of it and traced around it. Cut it with a torch just enough smaller to wrap it with the 5/16 round stock for a drip edge.

Stitch welded it bit by bit, zig zagged to keep it from warping. Ground the welds down and polished with a flap wheel. Washed it, dried it. Then put it in the oven for an hour with shortening. Works great even though it looks like it was made in Pakistan
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

sammytoo
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for mine too! I
know it's in here somewhere.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Why not go to the local thrift store and buy a counter top griddle and salvage the griddle plate off it? The plates are designed for removal so they can be washed/cleaned. Probably only a few bucks that way.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Tons of them out there....here is just one....stainless (since you don't want cast iron)

Griddle top...LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro