cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crossing Border

MikeJinCO
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning at crossing at Reynosa next week. When I got my TIP on line I had to put down a crossing point so I picked the Anazudulas(SP) bridge. Should we go there or to the Pharr bridge? Or are they the same one? We have a truck camper so want the least possible problems.
11 REPLIES 11

sdickbos
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I meant I need to return the TIP. Can someone tell me which of the 3 crossings at Hidalgo I should use.

Talleyho69
Sorry about your emergency.

People will disagree, but you do not have to turn in your FMM. I have asked at a number of crossings and a number of different people (aduana and immigration) and all say it expires on it's own, no need to turn it in.

I can't say about today's forms, but there used to be an address on the back that the form could be mailed to if you have a need to turn it in.

Have you explored flying back and returning? If that's not an option, DRIVE VERY CAREFULLY!!! Stress makes us all tend to make bad decisions and drive too far too fast.

sdickbos
Explorer
Explorer
Have to drive home to Chicago from Oaxaca emergently. Google maps suggest best route up east coast through Tampico up to and crossing at Hidalgo. Questions: is this a practical and safe route? There are 3 crossings at Hidalgo, I need to turn in my FMM, which crossing is easiest? Iโ€™m so thankful for this forum, your advice got me safely down here but unfortunately we need to make a quick trip back. Thanks in advance

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I put Laredo down last year and crossed at Reynosa, no issue

sdickbos
Explorer
Explorer
Yep we got the FMM on line also, thanks so much to all have helped with all my questions! Will update after we go through at Laredo on Jan 4 sara

Talleyho69
If you have your TIP all you should need is the paperwork that came with it. We have always carried the registration in all of our vehicles, and never the title. Whatever makes you feel better.

Again, now that you have your TIP, you just drive and go assuming you have your FMM's. Someone might check to see that you have a sticker on, but your paperwork for the vehicle is done.

sdickbos
Explorer
Explorer
I got the FMM online, do we still need to bring title with us or just registration? Thanks

Talleyho69
Can't say about the FMM on line, that's new and no one has reported on it yet. The TIP needs nothing. Just cross and drive assuming you have your personal paperwork handled.

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69 wrote:
Thanks. I was hoping someone would have the answer!

The last two times we got our TIP on line, no one ever asked to see anything, anywhere.

I understood that online FMM and TIP still had to be verified by immigration and customs for them to be valid.
Has that requirement changed?
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

Talleyho69
Thanks. I was hoping someone would have the answer!

The last two times we got our TIP on line, no one ever asked to see anything, anywhere.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
MikeJinCO wrote:
We are planning at crossing at Reynosa next week. When I got my TIP on line I had to put down a crossing point so I picked the Anazudulas(SP) bridge. Should we go there or to the Pharr bridge? Or are they the same one? We have a truck camper so want the least possible problems.

Mike, there is a 22km distance between the two points. However, I doubt there will be an issue if you choose another bridge. They will simply check the correct box on the paperwork. Good luck.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog