Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Blocking a Member
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Blocking a Member

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/18 03:20pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

drsteve wrote:

KCerling wrote:

See this is the problem today. If we are offended then we should deny the other person to speak. Protest, scream and shut them down. by your standard ,I find your reply to me to be demeaning and I should shut you down. But really is this how we should behave? Just move on

Blocking someone is not the equivalent of screaming and shutting them down. It is the equivalent of ignoring them.

Why does it bother you or anyone else if the OP ignores someone he finds obnoxious?

Exactly!! So he wants to block someone - big deal. It's the equivalent of not socializing with that jackwad down the street.

Seems sad that people are insulting, belittling, and being rude to a poster because he wants to put someone on ignore because they are insulting, belittling, and being rude. I guess maybe some folks think he's talking about them and are offended...

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/18 03:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

I suppose I'm still waving my "pom-poms" in support of Marcus Lemonis. That post is still stick in my head after all these years. But, I'm still here!

you got Pom Poms? Ain't you a little old for Pompoms?

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Acampingwewillgo

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/18 03:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To Block or not to Block??? I don't care either way but what I did get a chuckle out of is, "I've only blocked three people since 2014"! Well short timer, I can't think of a single person I've blocked since 2002! Trust me, its not due to lack of craziness on here either, I guess I take anything and everything on here or any Forum, a little less serious......I must be a Saint!!!![emoticon]

96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund, Senior Cavalier Rosie and Potter
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie and Mollie, Elvis Love You!

Rally's and get togethers-Lots

Arlington, VA

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/18 04:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

donn0128 wrote:

Forum has changes a lot recently. Not necessarily for the good. Mods apparently have been given new marching orders to leave the forum alone as much as possible.

That's news to me? [emoticon] Personally, I can attest that is not the case? No administrators have told me how to moderate, nor how much, in my forums. Not sure how these rumors come about in the first place?

You should report trolling behavior by 'Notify Moderator' link regarding the post. Preferred method, as generally all Mods for that forum are notified at the same time.

Personal attacks on the forums are not tolerated. Notify a Mod or Admin by PM, and it will be addressed.

Regarding the forum blocking issue, it could very well be glitches with the forum software. Patching and upgrades, both on software and server end can cause unpredictable results at times. Best one can do is report in this forum.

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/18 04:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What is the big deal? It is just an internet forum where people can hide behind a keyboard and type away things they would never say in person. If anyone takes something posted here or on any other forum that personally, they need to step back and evaluate themselves and their investment in such minutia.

Farmboy666

Pisgah Forest, NC

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/18 04:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

cekkk wrote:

How wonderful life must be that one's problems are so insignificant that another's expression of a thought with which one disagreed would put one in a tizzy.

Then there's those who can never pass up an opertunity to insult someone with a different point of view.

Then there are those that think their opinion has more weight than others. What is this high school. He blocked 3 people, surely he can keep track of them and not read something they post.

* This post was last edited 12/17/18 07:07pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/18 05:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Blocking a particular poster is not being childish. It's simply choosing not to have to wade through a bunch of garbage posts in order to participate in the thread.

For example, blocking posters here who are attacking the OP for being childish and thin skinned because he blocked someone would make this thread a lot more useful.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/18 05:38pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have pretty thick skin, and don't take things too personally. There are a couple of people that post here that irk me on occasion, but I think if we were to meet, we would probably get along well.

It is easy to take things out of context on a forum. Also joking sarcasm (of which I am a master, just ask me) doesn't come across well.

* This post was edited 12/17/18 06:57pm by an administrator/moderator *

cekkk

Southern Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/12/18 05:51pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

cekkk wrote:

How wonderful life must be that one's problems are so insignificant that another's expression of a thought with which one disagreed would put one in a tizzy.

Then there's those who can never pass up an opertunity to insult someone with a different point of view.

When one exposes oneself one must expect such things.

'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

morphrider

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 12/12/18 06:43pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Really?? Seem to be "triggered" by this, lol.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Forum Posting Help and Support

> Blocking a Member
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Forum Posting Help and Support

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS