cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another cool place if you have't been there yet.

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
5 REPLIES 5

Dirtclods
Explorer
Explorer
discovery4us wrote:
Thanks for sharing. Have passed by this area numerous times on the way to Dumont but never stopped. Can you get into the area using zzyyxx (sp.) road?

Zzyzx Road ~ https://www.nps.gov/moja/planyourvisit/zzyzx.htm
AAA Motorcycle RV Plus

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
I was not aware of this area until we were working on some solar proposals; they were proposing to put in a solar farm along the 15 at Rasor road. Then we rode LA B2V that year and rode through the area, the route they took us on was MILES of DEEP sand whoops, didn't see much of it as I was glad to get out of the sand.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing. Have passed by this area numerous times on the way to Dumont but never stopped. Can you get into the area using zzyyxx (sp.) road?

dedmiston
It's a tough tow to get out there though. Lots of people get stuck and I've seen two people (pre WW frame repair) bend their frames on that road.

Having said that, it's a great camp. There's a memorial marker up on the hill to commemorate long-ago friend and member Mr. Nibbles, who died in the Baja 500.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker