cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jayco Talon

fatboy1450
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a new Talon 313, can't find a lot of information, good, or bad. Any body have one, how do you like it, likes, dislikes, what are you towing it with, and any experience with camping world sales and support. Let me have it , good and bad, really like the camper and it's load capacity, just don't know as much about them, as you guys do.

Thanks in advance.....
9 REPLIES 9

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
It seems that not many stand alone Jayco dealers are stocking the Talon's in their inventory. The only places around here (south east) that I see them area at Camping World. I had to have my local Jayco dealer order it for me, and they beat the CW price. I have two Jayco dealers within a couple hours from me and both stock a different brand for their toy haulers. Not sure why.

So yes the Talons are out there and are a very good camper for the price point. There's just obviously more margin in the $75K models which is what you usually see sitting on the lots. Just find you a local Jayco dealership and see if they'll order it for you.

And yes the stereo and the mattress is ****. I've changed out both in mine as well. My radio lost it's RF tuner and I just replaced it with a better one from a car stereo store. I've replaced the outside speakers as well.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

ugeesta
Explorer
Explorer
Here is proof that they exist in the wild.

We love the unit. It has all the right stuff for what we were looking for in trailer. Not flashy or over the top like some of the competitors units. The one thing that I would have preferred is a better sound system. There are no speakers in the bedroom and the only way to control the internal and external speakers is with the fade button.

We changed out the mattress for a better queen and added some flair to the master.

As mentioned above, if you get one, be sure to get the brakes inspected at the end of the season. The backing plates, pads and a drum had to be fixed under warranty on our unit.
2018 GMC Seirra 3500 Denali SRW
2018 Jayco Talon 313t
2019 Polaris XP1000 Trail and Rocks edition
2016 Yamaha Grizzly EPS
1 wife & 5 cats

fatboy1450
Explorer
Explorer
Ok guys, speak up. Can't find a whole lot about the Talon toy haulers, good, or, bad. They didn't sell many this past year, or everyone likes them, which will it be. looking at the 2019 313T with 5500 onan, and 6 point automatic leveling, anything we need to look, or watch out for. Maybe someone actually owns one of these things.

ugeesta
Explorer
Explorer
We picked up a 313 in March and have been very pleased with it. As CampingN.C. mentioned there have been neumerous little things but that is expected with any RV these days.

The biggest issues we had was there was a self tapping screw in the compartment where the maceator pump hose is located. If left unchecked, the screw would have damaged the hose. The electrical connection for the slide motor is in the wheel well and attached with tape. Over time ours unstuck and was rubbing against the tire.

At the end of the season we had the brakes checked and they too needed service. Apparently the back plates and one drum had to be replaced. This after only 6 trips and 2400 miles.
2018 GMC Seirra 3500 Denali SRW
2018 Jayco Talon 313t
2019 Polaris XP1000 Trail and Rocks edition
2016 Yamaha Grizzly EPS
1 wife & 5 cats

Y-Guy
I looked at the Talon back in 2005, it was one of my finalist before I bought the Raptor. Unlike some that drop names I think the fact that Jayco has kept the name says something good about the reputation. Over the years we've have a few owners on the group and I can't think of any major issues. I know there was uneasiness when Jayco sold out to Thor in 2016, I figured one of the first things that would go was the 2 year warranty, but it hasn't.

Here is a search of the archives for over a year ago, 444 hits on "talon" *click here*

Merrykalia wrote:
I think the Talon is one of the new lines for Jayco in 2018.

The Jayco Talon name has been around since at least 2003.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to join the Jayco Owner's Forum and ask questions there.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

CampingN_C_
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 413T early in 18 and have been decently satisfied with it. I've fixed a LOT of minor issues but it hasn't been back to the dealer at all yet, although it's going in January for a fresh water leak underneath somewhere. I did replace the brakes under warranty through Lippert, so no fault of Jayco.

We don't use it for leisure, my son races dirt bikes, so we're in it around 25-30 weekends a year. I put around 15K miles on it this year. So with our use, I'd say it's been pretty good. No real design issues to speak of in my opinion. We opted for the sofa vs. the dinette.

I tow it with a 2018 Ram 3500 dually but I had a 2015 Ram 2500 for about half the year. The 2500 did just fine, although you'll be told a 2500 isn't enough truck. The only reason I upgraded was I wanted the Aisin and 4.10's. The 2500 and it's higher gear ration seemed to really cause it to work a lot, but the truck itself handled the load really good.

I did extensive homework prior to buying. The Talon and the Seismic are VERY similar in overall build construction, down the the R values. Just minus the bells and whistles. It's even wired for the 3rd AC, you won't find that in any Talon literature because it's a selling point for the Seismic.

I can't speak for Camping World, I ordered mine from my Jayco dealer, who I've bought from in the past.
2018 Ram 3500 DRW CCLB Aisin 4.10 4x4

2018 Jayco Talon 413T
B&W Companion

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Forty feet and 18000 pounds. Go big or go home! Can this TH “fit” into the places you like to go...weight, height and length?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I think the Talon is one of the new lines for Jayco in 2018. Jayco is one of the mid-level manufacturers, but they seem to have a pretty decent following. I don't own one and have never owned one, but have always looked at them when I have been in the market for a new one.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW