cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2019 Ford Ranger

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well after seeing the new Jeep Gladiator, Chevy's and Ram's HD trucks revealed this new Ford Ranger is by far the best looking truck out of the bunch IMO.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
40 REPLIES 40

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
K-9 HANDLER wrote:
Driving an 89 ranger daily now. Will have to check out the new one when they come in.

Australian one towing a medium sized Caravan video
Video of Australian Ranger towing Medium sized Caravan

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's another video from Big Truck Big RV. Looks like the Ranger will have a Electronic Locker and a FX4 package.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
Driving an 89 ranger daily now. Will have to check out the new one when they come in.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking at getting one to replace our 2011 in a few years...the 2011 has been a great truck even being a low capacity truck.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
GWolfe wrote:
Well this started out as a good thread.

I like the new Ranger, wish they would offer a trailer brake controller.

You will like the Ranger, it will do many of the things that the Colorado vand Tacoma will do

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Well this started out as a good thread.

I like the new Ranger, wish they would offer a trailer brake controller.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

I said imported into Australia and available in Australia.? They all are including the RAM Pickups which are converted by AVECO. How come you listed the Honda Ridgeline as. a Pickup? That is a Coupe Utility , you have less choices and you know it is FALSE to claim otherwise. It is also FALSE AS WELL to say you can US Pickups straight from the Factory

Lol, I love getting you all flustered.

Your quotes 9nly backed up what I stated that the only US trucks you guys get from its respective brand with a warranty and not from some third party is a Ram 1500 and a Ram 2500.

Oh, and the Ridgeline is based off an SUV, not a coupe. However, I put an asterisk next to on the list be abuse some don't see it as a truck a truck. Take it off if you want. It still won't change the fact that we have more pick up truck offerings here that are not conversions.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

FALSE. ALL HD Pickups are conversions.including the RAM.That is beside the point, we get ALL US HD Trucks in Australia. You said you did not include Utes so why the Honda Pilot with a bed??? Pretty scratchy list so far , looks like the Ranger maybe what you want

Nope, you can't get the HDs from the factory as you can see in the links provided.

You have to get them through a third party conversion company just like I can get a Amarok, Hilux, or whatever else I want from south America if I pay to convert to our safety and emissions standards. So if you are counting high priced conversions, we have access to the same trucks you do and then some.

Sorry, but you don't have as many pickup truck choices as we do here and saying that you do is flat out false.

I said imported into Australia and available in Australia.? They all are including the RAM Pickups which are converted by AVECO. How come you listed the Honda Ridgeline as. a Pickup? That is a Coupe Utility , you have less choices and you know it is FALSE to claim otherwise. It is also FALSE AS WELL to say you can US Pickups straight from the Factory
The RAM 2500 and now the RAM 1500, are remanufactured in Australia, by Australians to meet Australian market demands. We provide more than just right hand drive vehicles designed and tuned to tow big loads across our big country, we employ top local engineers, designers and automotive technicians, as well as local component companies to work with us.

ABOUT RAM TRUCKS AUSTRALIA
Ram Trucks Australia are the sole factory-authorised importer and distributor of Ram Trucks for both the Australia and New Zealand markets. As at today, we are the only factory-authorised full-volume supplier of right hand drive Ram Trucks in the world.

The RAM 2500 and now the RAM 1500, are remanufactured in Australia, by Australians to meet Australian market demands. We provide more than just right hand drive vehicles designed and tuned to tow big loads across our big country, we employ top local engineers, designers and automotive technicians, as well as local component companies to work with us.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

FALSE. ALL HD Pickups are conversions.including the RAM.That is beside the point, we get ALL US HD Trucks in Australia. You said you did not include Utes so why the Honda Pilot with a bed??? Pretty scratchy list so far , looks like the Ranger maybe what you want

Nope, you can't get the HDs from the factory as you can see in the links provided.

You have to get them through a third party conversion company just like I can get a Amarok, Hilux, or whatever else I want from south America if I pay to convert to our safety and emissions standards. So if you are counting high priced conversions, we have access to the same trucks you do and then some.

Sorry, but you don't have as many pickup truck choices as we do here and saying that you do is flat out false.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
:h
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

A limited listing. Yes there are more choices in Australia. Remember noone gives a dam about 1/2 tons here we get all the US HD's

Nope, false. The only HD truck you get from the factory is a Ram 2500.

Ram Australia

No HD truck here

Holden Australia

or here

Ford Australia

All the rest are conversions. If you want to start adding conversions to the list, then that will make my list from my ealrier post longer since there are companies here that will convert many of the same global trucks you guys have from south America. So I doubt you want to go there.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

A limited listing. Yes there are more choices in Australia. Remember noone gives a dam about 1/2 tons here we get all the US HD's

Nope, false. The only HD truck you get from the factory is a Ram 2500.

Ram Australia

No HD truck here

Holden Australia

or here

Ford Australia

All the rest are conversions. If you want to start adding conversions to the list, then that will make my list from my ealrier post longer since there are companies here that will convert many of the same global trucks you guys have from south America. So I doubt you want to go there.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

Same here, the market here has several more manufacturers than the US, that includes foreign as you term it plus US Pickups

Nope, not the same. Not nearly the same in size or selection unless you are counting utes, or car with a bed, which are not a pick ups to us. Also, Australia region alone cannot support all those brands as I said we can with ours. If the trucks you have stopped selling elsewhere in the world, they would start dropping off in Australia too. So you guys need others to buy those trucks, we don't with ours which is why I said we don't care if they don't sell elsewhere.

In terms of pick up truck choices from the factory(not converted from an outside company) we have.

Honda
Ridgeline*

Toyota
Tacoma
Tundra

Nissan
Frontier
Titan
Titan XD

GMC
Canyon
3500 SRW
3500 DRW

Chevrolet
Colorado
3500 SRW
3500 DRW

Ford
Ranger(soon)
F150
F250
F350 SRW
F350 DRW
F450

Ram
3500 SRW
3500 DRW

Jeep
Gladiator(soon)

Most of these even have cab and chassis versions, but that would not be a pick up. They also all have different cab, bed length, and capability options.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

Same here, the market here has several more manufacturers than the US, that includes foreign as you term it plus US Pickups

Nope, not the same. Not nearly the same in size or selection unless you are counting utes, or car with a bed, which are not a pick ups to us.

Also, Australia region alone cannot support all those brands as I said we can with ours. If the trucks you have stopped selling elsewhere in the world, they would start dropping off in Australia too so you guys need others markets buy those trucks. We don't with ours which is why I said we don't care if they don't sell elsewhere because it has no impact on our market.

In terms of pick up truck choices from the factory(not converted from an outside company) we have.

Honda
Ridgeline*

Toyota
Tacoma
Tundra

Nissan
Frontier
Titan
Titan XD

GMC
Canyon
3500 SRW
3500 DRW

Chevrolet
Colorado
3500 SRW
3500 DRW

Ford
Ranger(soon)
F150
F250
F350 SRW
F350 DRW
F450

Ram
3500 SRW
3500 DRW

Jeep
Gladiator(soon)

Most of these even have cab and chassis versions, but that would not be a pick up. They also all have different cab, bed length, and capability options.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
And we are happier with larger, more powerful, and more capable pickup trucks. Hence the reason why we have so many pick up choices to choose from with most of them being full size.

Which sell badly here. Ranger is just behind the Hilux in sales. Hilux is number one " car"

Don't really care how they sell there or anywhere else. Our market is big enough to have several foreign and domestic mid/full size pickup truck manufacturers. So how they sell anywhere else is meaningless.