cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago 27reok Fresh water drains out.

SkullAndSquirre
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy, I have a fresh water fill question 27reok 5th wheel. Here is what I did. I hooked up to city water, then turned the selector to (B. tank). Filled to 3/4 fresh water. Turned the selector to (A. Normal), tested the pump and got water. Drove to the campground, and most of the water had drained out (D.). I closed (E.) to the position it is now, took a second trip, and water still drained out (D.) on my way to the site. ..I am not sure what I am doing wrong, any help appreciated!

8 REPLIES 8

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
djousma wrote:
I know that others on this site poo-poo the idea, but I added ball-valves to my overflow lines.

That would be me.

Just fix it right and run the venting up and out well above tank level. You only need to forget once, or have a pump check valve fail, and serious damage can result. Yes, the easy way out is always popular. 😞

djousma
Explorer
Explorer
I know that others on this site poo-poo the idea, but I added ball-valves to my overflow lines. You do have to be careful with them, and only have them closed while travelling. Even then if travelling over a large altitude changes, gotta keep that in mind too so as not to damage the tank due to pressure changes.

Other than that, they work like a charm, and I arrive at my destination with a full tank....
Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

Palindat
Explorer
Explorer
I also loose water from my trailer. I discovered it was coming out the 2 vents on the top. My tank is between the axles and is only about 4-5 inches deep. The vents are on the passenger side. I usually fill up at home and buy the time I get to the campsite maybe a quarter of the water would have drained out. So I ran 2 lines to a convenient spot with shut of valves. Closed when traveling and open when filling.
Rick P.
Rick
2010 F150 XTR 4X4 Max Trailer Tow
2001 Security W26SLQRK

SkullAndSquirre
Explorer
Explorer
We tested, and it's definitely coming out 'D' the vent line. I talked to another owner, and he put a ball valve at the end of his and closes it during passage. Seems like there should be a simple fix, like opening a sink line, or keeping the switch to 'tank' instead of 'normal' during transit. Hmm, unless the fill line is also at the bottom of the tank, then it could not act as a vent.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
According to your owner's manual, there are several drain points throughout the unit. One of those may be open or not fully close. Have you examined all the ports for leakage? If still a mystery, fill the tank and have fun watching the underside or have someone follow you as you drive to see if they can spot where water is dripping.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
D is likely the vent line, hence the screen, so it =could= extend too far into the tank and be siphoning. I'd put water in the tank, drive down the road and have someone follow you to see if that's where it's coming from. There's been a couple recent threads about this same issue and =I'm= wondering if I may have that issue, as I sure didn't seem to have my full 60 gallons available on our first boondocker with the KZ.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

SkullAndSquirre
Explorer
Explorer
I am not quite sure what E is honestly. I think, it might be a low point water drain? It was open the first time we took it out, and I figured at that time it was what drained the water so I closed it. It did have residual water in it.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
What is E =supposed= to do? It may not be =you=, it may be that the overflow is siphoning if it got stuck too far into the tank at the factory.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member