cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

211z vrs wally

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Having a hard time deciding between the 2. The wally has been out for some time now, how is it doing? Thank you.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
Chenowth 4-seat 3.5 honda
15 maverick xds
Beautiful wife that's much nicer than me:B
10 REPLIES 10

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Wally low voltageInteresting, 3rd reply on thread.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
15 maverick xds

big_buford
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the replies, will go with the wally. Remote will definitely help in a toy hauler.
04.5 GMC 2500HD D/A
06 38 CKS Dune Chaser
15 maverick xds

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 211k to allow me to use the Dish Tailgater when I travel in my rv. The 211k is my at home box I take when I travel. The bad thing is when Dish changed their dish anywhere player software it does not load or play with the 211k. I used to be able to log in to Dish on my computer and watch older tv episodes I missed. I can no longer do this due to their changes.

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
Iโ€™ve had both .. get the Wally.
If you need to convert to a older tv just get a rf converter on the composite outs of the Wally( 10 bucks )

That's how I send the signal to to the rear master in our coach. RCA to Coax $10 converter. With the Wally RF remote, it works for us.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Wally for all of the above.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve had both .. get the Wally. The Wally has RF remote ( you can change channels through a wall ) the guide and interface is MUCH better! Similar to the hopper. Scheduling recording of shows is far superior. The Wally actually has the ability to record one and watch another live program at the same time IF you are using a open face 3lnb dish.
Actually if you add the over the air tuner you can record two over the air channels in addition to the two satellite channels making (4) total Simultaneously, provided you add a hard drive and pay the one time $40 all on account fee of course.
The initial problems with set up a few years ago appear to have been solved and mine runs much cooler than the 211k or z Iโ€™ve had and โ€œworks โ€œ faster
If you need to convert to a older tv just get a rf converter on the composite outs of the Wally( 10 bucks )
Bill

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
If you can live with SD in the rear of your RV, the 211K has coaxial SD output. I elected to use the existing coax to the rear of the coach. While the 211K runs a little hotter, it is a better featured device than the 211Z.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
big buford wrote:
Having a hard time deciding between the 2. The wally has been out for some time now, how is it doing? Thank you.

Both receivers work very well. The big advantage to the Wally is that is uses RF for the remote so you do not have to have a direct line of sight from the remote to the receiver.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Big Katuna wrote:
I have the Z. Iโ€™d get the Wally. The menu is the same as the Hopper. I believe but I might be wrong that the Wally has two tuners and lets you record a show while watching another.

The K has a built in OTA tuner. Not made anymore. Can buy them used on EBay.

Check output connections. I only use HDMI.

The Wally does have 2 tuners but the software only allows the use of the 2nd tuner when connected to a DISH open face antenna with the current DPP LNB.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the Z. Iโ€™d get the Wally. The menu is the same as the Hopper. I believe but I might be wrong that the Wally has two tuners and lets you record a show while watching another.

The K has a built in OTA tuner. Not made anymore. Can buy them used on EBay.

Check output connections. I only use HDMI.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.