Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoenix area Emissions test

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix RVers——

My MH is due for the Arizona Emissions test. The MH is on a 30’ Ford F-53 chassis. Can I take it to any emissions location?

I’ve looked on-line and the only info I can find just lists special locations for over 45’ length and 13’ height, neither of which apply to me.

Thanks,
Bill
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad
8 REPLIES 8

joraz
Explorer
Explorer
Just one addition fyi. I'm in Tucson and only one of our ADEQ locations tests diesel RVs. We used to do the rear-wheels-on-the-rollers test but they have changed to what they call snap throttle. The attendant instructs you to floor it until he drops his hand. I just accelerate quickly to the governed speed and let off. They are measuring exhaust opacity.

Also, I second the admonition about tight quarters. Your mirrors will be very close. The attendant directs you in but you never know.
Good luck.
jor
09 LazyDaze

ezgoin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the feedback.
The older I get....the better I was.

Bill & Terry
And our canine kids, Skippy & Peanut
2014 Fleetwood Bounder Classic 30T
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
All Phoenix emission testing stations are capable of handling a motorhome under 45'. Those older stations without height clearances or dynos spaced to short have all been relocated to bigger quarters. Make sure you check the wait times (they all have live camera feeds for you to watch) before going to a specific station. No sense going to one with a long line of seniors and their motorhomes when another 12 miles away has nobody waiting. Also, you can't take a Maricopa county vehicle to a Pima station, Pima can be done in Maricopa county but not the other way around. Otherwise, no other county requires emissions..
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Just be careful because it can be tight in there, the doors are rather narrow, at least the one I go to. Length and height are not an issue.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Good luck, hope it goes without a hickup!

So happy that there will be no more tesing here after 12/31/18.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Do HD vehicles actually need emission testing in AZ?

Depends what County you are in. Some yes, like Maricopa and Pima. Not sure about Pinal. We are in Mohave County where there is no smog check on any vehicle
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Do HD vehicles actually need emission testing in AZ?

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
If they can handle 45' they can handle 30'.