cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Insurance claim

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
I normally keep my motor home in a garage. It has been sitting out for 6 months. I noticed when i went in it that there was water running across the floor. I looked under the cabinets and they are soft and rotting. Called my ins company and they told me to get an estimate.
Have read so many complaints on camping world I have chose not to take my motor home there. Is there any other options that you can advise?
Dennis Hoppert
10 REPLIES 10

bid_time
Explorer III
Explorer III
Edd505 wrote:
Marcus Lemonis are ya listening? All the don't take it to Camping World means there's a problem.
CW made $1.4B last year. I don't think he's worried about the 6 people that say he has a problem.

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
Marcus Lemonis are ya listening? All the don't take it to Camping World means there's a problem.

Marcus could care less. CW has more business than it can possibly take care of. He's happy a few don't want to bother them. Just ride through the closest CW and see if you agree. I know of none going out of business due to lack of customers.

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
I've heard the same that insurance wont cover most leaks as they consider them an overlooked maintenance issue, however to my surprise, a friend of mine had severe water intrusion from his roof that caused the back wall of his 5r to delaminate the fiberglass and rot all the wood structure holding the back panel together to the tune of 13K to repair. His insurance, Farmers, has approved his claim, and it's being repaired at this time. This was an elderly couple that had never caulked their roof on a 2012 unit, so the damage was definitely caused by neglecting to maintain the caulking, yet his adjuster never even questioned the claim. Never assume !
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Unless it was a sudden event, like a flood coming through or a burst pipe, they wont cover it.
My advice is to Google RV repair for your area and to not take it to CW for any reason.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
please let us know how the insurer handles this. most don,t cover water damage.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ll be more interested is what was the cause of the water damage and if the ins co will cover it. Still would need to be fixed.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Often the insurance companies will find that the cause was due to lack maintenance and therefore not covered. Hope it works out for your.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Look for or ask around for a reputable RV repair canter and ask them if they do insurance claims. If the repairs are covered under warranty, most likely you have the option of picking any qualified repair facility to do the work. If the repair is under some sort of secondary warranty or contract, you need to read the contract to see if you can go elsewhere.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Whatโ€™s their โ€œcomplaintโ€ to โ€œsatisfiedโ€ ratio? Big national companies will have โ€œlotsโ€ of complaints since they repair โ€œlotsโ€ of RVs. What youโ€™ve โ€œheardโ€ isnโ€™t trustworthy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad