Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: My wife wants to camp in the driveway
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> My wife wants to camp in the driveway

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Takamine

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I keep our TT parked beside the garage and use it spring thru fall for Sunday naps. Too cold during the winter(too cheap to heat it up for a nap). Best part of napping in the TT... no phone, no telemarketer calls in the middle of said nap.

2016 Springdale 2600TB
2012 Ford F-150

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/18 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not to give away my age but I spent summers on the Oregon coast back when and all we had were non-flush little houses on a trail about a hundred feet from the house. Then we got some 12 volt dc and a windmill to pump water to a tank, WOW!, a car radio in the kitchen for news in the morning and gravity feed to flush toilets in the BIG house and bucket flush in the cabins. That was glamping in the forties.

Camping in the driveway here is better than not using the Winnie. Sure hope we have some guests soon, maybe I'll even build a little firepit using the landscaping rocks. We were only on the road for three months this year and we miss it.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster Invisibrake

trailer_newbe

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 03:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

We all enjoy different things. What's odd to me is people who can't understand how another person can enjoy something they don't.

1. Port-potty when a real toilet is next door.
2. Cover sinks and don’t run water.
3. Use tons of propane, when house is insulated better and will use less.
4. When snow comes, make living space smaller, when home next door stays the same.

I have a feeling the new trailer novelty will wear off.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

George3037

Central Square, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/18 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Takamine wrote:

I keep our TT parked beside the garage and use it spring thru fall for Sunday naps. Too cold during the winter(too cheap to heat it up for a nap). Best part of napping in the TT... no phone, no telemarketer calls in the middle of said nap.

Same here. I love the peace and quiet in the camper and use it from spring to fall. Two 30 lb tanks don't last long for heat when the temps are 30 deg. F or less. Electric heaters would be very costly too. Once the temps drop I winterize the TT and doesn't make sense to stay in it. Mine is 50' from the house and connected to a 30A pedestal plug I installed.

LVJJJ

NW WASHINGTON

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/18 04:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We live in a gated RV park in a park model. Our TT, 26' Trailcruiser, is parked beside it and it used all year to travel in spring, summer, fall and as a 2nd bedroom in the winter. It doesn't freeze all that much here in the rainy Pacific NW so I leave the fresh water tank almost full (it's inside) and the sewer hose hooked up to our own trailer dump (takes a lot of cold to freeze a black water tank). So when the grandson stays with us once in a while, he's got his own private residence. During every Christmas season our daughter and grandson come down from Canada and stay for a few days, in the TT. Before Christmas the DW will turn the heat on and wrap Christmas presents out there with the stereo on Xmas music. Sometimes I need a nap and she's got the bed full of clothes to fold (our park model don't have a laundry room) so I go out and stretch out on the queen size mattress in the TT (we only have a double bed in the PM). It's obviously hooked up to power, I installed a 35 amp service in our shed/laundry room that the TT is always plugged into. When not used I have two of those electric airdryers plugged in and a 100 watt bulb where all the plumbing comes into the TT. When it freezes I set the thermometer to 45 degrees and leave the furnace on, propane is cheap. I see no reason not to use it all year. Machines and electrical things deteriorate quicker if not used. So, its always ready to go and we do get out during the winter as you can end up with 60 degree temps this time of the year.

1994 GMC Suburban K1500
2005 Trail Cruiser TC26QBC
1965 CHEVY VAN, 292 "Big Block 6" (will still tow)
2008 HHR
L(Larry)V(Vicki)J(Jennifer)J(Jesse)J(Jason)

traildog

Pendleton, IN USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

We all enjoy different things. What's odd to me is people who can't understand how another person can enjoy something they don't.

Ain’t THAT the truth.

The camper is in the driveway. It’s toasty warm inside. Wifey was cleaning it when I went back in the house.

Now, she’s watching TV in it. Life is good.

2021 Coachmen Freedom Express Ultra Lite 259FKDS.
2015 Ford F-150 3.5 ECO BOOST 4:30

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Traildog,
You do not seem to realize that you have a dream girl.
You are very lucky. Show your gratitude.

traildog

Pendleton, IN USA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 04:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

Traildog,
You do not seem to realize that you have a dream girl.
You are very lucky. Show your gratitude.

Thank so? We’ve been married for 35 years. Our first date was going to church in the seventh grade.

She asked for a TT and truck. I supplied it. She’s a fine fine woman.

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BRAVO !!

tragusa3

upstate south carolina

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 05:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ours is stored at home. Anytime the weather gets halfway reasonable, I like to spend some time out in the coach. Today was sunny and in the 50's. I exercised the generator, ran the heat pump a bit, brought lunch out and watched some tv with lunch. Nice day! Oh, I also changed generator oil. Quality time.

I don't think I would chose to sleep in it with my "real" bed 100' away. But I get it!

New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> My wife wants to camp in the driveway
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.