Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: My wife wants to camp in the driveway
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> My wife wants to camp in the driveway

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
campinginthewoods

Central ILL

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Before my divorce and I had my house I used to parked in the long drive Beijing the house and I would frequently go out and just sit in it or sometimes "driveway" camp.... kinda miss it now still have the camper just in a storage facility now. But the way the weather's going I'm tempted to go out no snow temps hi 40's nights 30's

"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

nineoaks2004

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/22/18 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just camped for 9 days in ours, due to hurricane Michael, we used the small generator for the unit, and for water, we ran hoses to the camper from the free flowing well. (also worked great for watering the animals too. We felt we were very lucky to have it. We also use it as a guest house when family /friends come up that gives them privacy and we keep our privacy too.
But I like to sleep in it once in a while anyway.

By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

trailer_newbe

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tragusa3 wrote:

Ours is stored at home. Anytime the weather gets halfway reasonable, I like to spend some time out in the coach. Today was sunny and in the 50's. I exercised the generator, ran the heat pump a bit, brought lunch out and watched some tv with lunch. Nice day! Oh, I also changed generator oil. Quality time.

I don't think I would chose to sleep in it with my "real" bed 100' away. But I get it!

Thank you, that is exactly the point I was trying to make. Maybe because we can travel year around I have trouble grasping the feeling. Right now we are at Buckskin in Parker Az, camping. Today it was 71 degrees.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

beemerphile1

Ohio

View Profile

Posted: 12/22/18 09:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No water. Flush the toilet with jugs of cheap windshield washer fluid.

Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

doc brown

Redondo Beach, CA,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/18 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Those of you that have wives that love to get in that rig in any situation are truely blessed! In 15 years and close to 100k miles later my wife has been on 1 month long trip and five 3-5 day trips. As they say, whatever works.

Steve,Kathy and Josh
Morpheus(Basenji)at Rainbow Bridge
2004 40' TSDP Country Coach Inspire DaVinci
350 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, Air Force One Braking, Blue Ox

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/18 08:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, one could say the opposite also. There are families where the husband doesn't like to camp/travel and the wife does. So, for thos of you with husbands who love to RV, you are very lucky. [emoticon]

Then there are those people who are single and are able and willing to RV alone. You are very lucky. [emoticon]

The there are families where the kids don't enjoy it or are too involved with other things. Or have family or other commitments that prevent it from being doable.

Or the spouse who doesn't enjoy it and keeps the other from doing it rather than letting them do 100K miles on their own.

I think there are many reasons why RVing doesn't work for folks/families, so any who are able to make it work for their life situation are lucky.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

doc brown

Redondo Beach, CA,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/23/18 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

toedtoes wrote:

Well, one could say the opposite also. There are families where the husband doesn't like to camp/travel and the wife does. So, for thos of you with husbands who love to RV, you are very lucky. [emoticon]

Then there are those people who are single and are able and willing to RV alone. You are very lucky. [emoticon]

The there are families where the kids don't enjoy it or are too involved with other things. Or have family or other commitments that prevent it from being doable.

Or the spouse who doesn't enjoy it and keeps the other from doing it rather than letting them do 100K miles on their own.

I think there are many reasons why RVing doesn't work for folks/families, so any who are able to make it work for their life situation are lucky.

Well said!

profdant139

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 12/23/18 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

traildog -- you are indeed a lucky guy -- I am married to the same kind of lady (44 years together!!). I'm assuming you are also staying in the trailer with her, right?? [emoticon]

But I have another theory about why driveway camping might be appealing -- this is what Pavlov called a "conditioned response." We all have such wonderful times in our RVs that we have come to associate the vehicle with happiness!

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

marcsbigfoot20b27

Phx

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/24/18 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I must be lucky too. I’m 47 and my 27 year old girlfriend loves to camp/boondock in the trailer, loves to clean the TT and make sure it’s restocked and has all the stuff we might need for the next trip. She also likes to shoot guns and go trout fishing, lol.

doc brown

Redondo Beach, CA,

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/25/18 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

marcsbigfoot20b27 wrote:

I must be lucky too. I’m 47 and my 27 year old girlfriend loves to camp/boondock in the trailer, loves to clean the TT and make sure it’s restocked and has all the stuff we might need for the next trip. She also likes to shoot guns and go trout fishing, lol.

Trifecta !!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> My wife wants to camp in the driveway
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.