cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ATT Mobley plan

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just found that ATT is again offering it's Mobley plan for unlimited data for $20.00 a month. Their web site says 22gb per line per month then might slow if tower usage is high. They offer a Harman Spark for $79.00 or $19.99 a month as the hot spot.
I'm not fond of it plugging into the OBD-II port and reading diagnostics, etc. It seems to have a load of other features that I really don't feel I need or want, but that sounds reasonable for data streaming. Any thoughts or opinions?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
18 REPLIES 18

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
So this is only available by calling a phone number where someone answers AT&T, and on IRV2 someone reported doing just that and getting a Mobley delivered with a SIM with $1000 of international call charges already on it. Iโ€™d like to believe it but I donโ€™t think so!

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

MrWizard
here is the mobile internet resource page with the info

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/att-20-month-unlimited-mobley-plan-back-for-a-limited-time-via-ucon...

AT&T $20/month Unlimited Mobley Plan โ€“ Back for a Limited Time via UConnect Chrysler/Mopar eMail Campaign

Thanks to one of our premium members who received the offer and shared it with us a few weeks ago, we were able to confirm it's legitimate and shared it with our members. Many of them have successfully obtained the device and plan.

Disclaimer

We do not expect this offer to stick around. Even the promotional email says "Limited time only; while supplies last." We have a strong suspicion that once word spreads of this plan, the stock will either be quickly dwindled or AT&T might restrict the plan to just the original intended audience.
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
A link to AT&T actually selling the plan would be more helpful. All AT&T search shows (when I am logged onto my wireless account) is a plan for Volvo.

Dave

MrWizard
ok nice "picture" of the offer
where is the ATT link to the att webpage
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

garry1p
Explorer
Explorer
link

The new/old Mobley plan is being offered for a limited time and is geared towards Chrysler owners.

It is the Connect Car plan and is available now on the ATT site.

However; "IMO" the Mobley is no longer in production so the plan will only be available for a short time then switch to the Spark.
Garry1p

1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL
454 on P-30 Chassis
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
The Mobley, same old Mobley, is available from AT&T and with the Car Connect plan. There are special hoops required but it is available.
Could you provide a link to this? I searched AT&T's site and there is no mention of the plan. However there is mention on another board of a Youtube video claiming the Mobley Connected Car plan is back but the person that signed up for it claims they received a Mobley with $1000 worth of calls already charged to the SIM and now are working with AT&T to clear it up. Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLDR-l8b5Eg.

Dave

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
magicbus wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
It's really IS the old Mobley plan. It's $20/month and it does not have to remain in the vehicle with the proper power adapter. The Spark is different and needs the OBDII port to work. There are a few differences and some have found workarounds for the 2 hour cycle limit but even a simple wall timer to turn it off/on every 2 hours keeps it alive. There are several hoops you have to jump through so be sure you have all the details before you make the purchase but it's working, it's cheap and it's good.
:? I am an early Mobley adopter so I know how it works but this makes no sense...

You say it IS the old Mobley plan and does not need to stay in the car BUT you also say the Spark does need to stay in the car. Then you say you can put a timer on the Spark and get around the 2 hour shutoff but I don't know how you would accomplish that when it MUST remain in the OBD II port.

If it has a real SIM card I agree you just pull it and stick it in a cell/router, but otherwise I do not see how you can sign up for the Spark and use it away from the vehicle.

Dave

The Mobley and the Spark are not the same. I never said you could do anything with the Spark, only the Mobley.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Mobley, same old Mobley, is available from AT&T and with the Car Connect plan. There are special hoops required but it is available.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

MrWizard
what 'car connect' plan removable sim hotspots are available ??

the Mobley hotspot is NOT a available retail anymore
the ones online at ebay are expensive
the problem is getting a NEW 'car connect' plan using a device that can be removed from the car or has a removable SIM to put in another hotspot
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Bill is referring to the Mobley hotspot and Connected Car Plan that's currently being offered again for a limited time. The Spark is an entirely different device with an entirely different plan. The Spark is very restricted compared to the Mobley.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
It's really IS the old Mobley plan. It's $20/month and it does not have to remain in the vehicle with the proper power adapter. The Spark is different and needs the OBDII port to work. There are a few differences and some have found workarounds for the 2 hour cycle limit but even a simple wall timer to turn it off/on every 2 hours keeps it alive. There are several hoops you have to jump through so be sure you have all the details before you make the purchase but it's working, it's cheap and it's good.
:? I am an early Mobley adopter so I know how it works but this makes no sense...

You say it IS the old Mobley plan and does not need to stay in the car BUT you also say the Spark does need to stay in the car. Then you say you can put a timer on the Spark and get around the 2 hour shutoff but I don't know how you would accomplish that when it MUST remain in the OBD II port.

If it has a real SIM card I agree you just pull it and stick it in a cell/router, but otherwise I do not see how you can sign up for the Spark and use it away from the vehicle.

Dave

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II

MrWizard
some devices now have a 'software' SIM, no card you can move

like said 'old topic'
I can explain it to you.

1997 F53 Bounder 36s

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
This is a hot topic on another forum. It is $20/month, unlimited data. The firmware in the Mobley has been modified to try and make sure you are actually using it in a moving vehicle. Some of the AC adapters work and some don't. The educated guess is that the voltage supplied has something to do with how they determine if you are in a vehicle.

This might violate the "terms and conditions", but some people have simply taken the SIM card out of the Mobley and inserted it into another "hot spot" that is AT&T compatible and the problem is solved.