cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Christmas gift

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
My daughters got me a Sous-Vide (Anova) for my Christmas gift this year and wondered how best to get some tips on using it? I've seen almost everyone does steaks but that doesn't sound like me. Do you guys/gals have any recommendations? Sites?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk
7 REPLIES 7

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I did a couple of beef filets tonight and the wife said they were the best she had ever had.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The wife wants steaks for the first try so I'll probably give that a go. I'd like to try a roast, either pork or beef.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I have to say, the first meal, a chicken breast turned out delicious. DH slapped it on the grill once it was finished and he could have left it on just a bit more, but it was wonderful. Very moist and flavorful.

Next he did potatoes which he then took out and roasted. . . mmmm mmmm good. And he did carrots, which he finished off in the skillet.

All have been delicious. . . and not much cleanup. We use the pot from the Instant Pot, will a special lid I bought him as well. Works great and eliminates the need for the special "box" they sell. That would be nice, but space is limited in our fulltiming rig.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
I bought one for my DH for Christmas.Am anxious to see what he comes up with. . . Our son is into cooking and grilling. He has TWO green eggs and so far hasn't had any "bad" meals cooked on them. Then he got the Sous Vide. Does steaks, then throws on the grill to sear at the end. I must say, he's getting very good at it.

You Tube is your friend, plus you will find lots of links to recipes. I was going to get DH a cookbook, but decided against it and using these sources instead.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Tin-bender
Explorer
Explorer
Sous-Vide Everything by 3 old friends, on You-Tube seems to really cover everything with knowledge.

dhansen871
Explorer
Explorer
I have had one for about a year. Besides doing steaks, I have done chicken breast, lamb chops, pork tenderloin and reheated a medium size roast to keep it at med-rare that we like. As someone else suggested โ€œYOU TUBEโ€ has hundreds of videos that should guide or give you ideas on how to customize it to your liking.
Dave & DW Jodi
Max the Cat (RIP)
SoCal Mountains and Las Vegas

2007 Country Coach 430 Allure
2012 Jeep GC Overland

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen or heard of this product before, but sure enough... YouTube is your friend. Click here.