cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Atwood Leveling Jacks

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am having trouble getting the jacks on the drivers side to retract, the ones on the passenger side came back in without any problem. Anyone have any ideas what I should do? All jacks were fully extended before this problem.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
5 REPLIES 5

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
cwit wrote:
You had to go through reverse to get to neutral thatโ€™s what did it. Any gear will cause an auto retract.

Thanks for the info.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

cwit
Explorer
Explorer
You had to go through reverse to get to neutral thatโ€™s what did it. Any gear will cause an auto retract.

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
Good to hear you figured it out.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the help. I got under the RV and the motors turned freely by hand, but the legs didn't go up. I then got by inside & started the engine & placed the trans in neutral, and all the legs came up. The manual didn't say anything about using the neutral position.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
As your jacks are now 10+ years old, you will find that the motors on all your jacks will need attention. Fortunately in most cases, there is nothing required besides disassembly, cleaning, and lubricating. To get a sticky one running, usually just crawling under and taking a pliers to the motor shaft and rotating it a little will get the jack running again but unless you do the maintenance, it WILL fail again and quite quickly. There are good youtube videos out there. What you will do is remove the electric motor, clean the brushes and brush rigging, and put some fresh grease on the gears. Over time, carbon and dirt build up make the brushes sticky in their guides and they fail to make contact with the commutator. A little time consuming but not difficult job.