Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THOR Quantum switch above sink

alaina0817
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Fellow Campers,

I have recently purchased a 22ft Thor Quantum camper.Read all my books and havent veen anle to figure out one of the 2 switches above kitchen sink.1 is for lights above sink and stove.One switch next to it,when turned on,cant find watch it does,even walked around outside.A yone out there knows what it does?
Thanks
Cindy B.
12 REPLIES 12

tommy_salmon
Explorer
Explorer
I also have a Thor Chateau, and GGoodsell is correct. Took me awhile to figure this switch out myself! I can't imagine the roof vent fan being of much use for stovetop cooking though! I primarily use the ventahood at home and in my old motorhome and travel trailers while frying. I really doubt that the roof vent fan is going to help much.
2018 Thor Chateau 24F
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
2011 Harley Davidson Road King Police
Gorgeous Wife, 4 kids, 18 Foster kids, Retired State Trooper/Former US Marine.

GGoodsell
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Thor Chateau with the same two switches above the sink. Yes, one is for the lights above the sink and stove. The other is a secondary switch for the fan in the roof vent above the kitchen area. If you have a vent above the kitchen, open the vent, there should be a small black rocker switch in the corner of the vent housing. Turn on the little switch and then you can control it from the switch you are asking about above the sink. It helps to ventilate the kitchen area without needing to reach up to the ceiling.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, some MH's use 12v pads, I wish mine were.
I think (as I was told by the dealer) they are more common on TT's / TC's .
My dealer told me some MH's do use 12v pads and that I had 12v pads on my MH. When I activated the switch, it did not light up. As soon as I started up the generator, the pads turned on as they also did when I plugged into shore power. I now see where it does say "120v heat pads" in my FR pdf.

I'm figuring things out on my own as I go with this MH in my first 6 months of owning it.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Our waste tanks have 12V heating pads stuck to their under-sides. They resemble the kind used for heated seats though I am sure they are RV-specific. Then there is a layer of thin insulation covering over the entire tank with pad.

Here is a picture of our insulated waste tanks, center and left positions.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree with Ron, Thor website describes their Arctic Package as having heat strips on the holding tanks. If you have that option, a switch would be needed to operate them.

On a motorhome the heated pads are usually 120v models, thermostatically operating from 45F to 68F. If you plug into shore power or fire up the generator, that switch might illuminate with some kind of indicator LED to show you that it's on unless its hot where you are, then it might not illuminate due to the thermostat settings which are automatically factory set.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Cindy,

The switch might turn on your Gray & Black Waste Tank Heaters. If that is the case, you want to make sure the switch is off until needed. Accidentally left on, your house battery will drain much more quickly leaving you wondering why.

The switch might also control your electric step. With the switch in one position, the step extends when the door is opened, and retracts when the door is closed. With the the switch in the other position, the step extends when the door is opened, but stays extended after shutting the door. The step should automatically retract when starting the main chassis engine to prevent driving away with the step extended.

Merry Christmas!
Ron Dittmer

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your unit have an automatic entrance light that illuminates when you open the door ? If so , it can be turned on/off .

This is a brand new unit correct ?

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Water pump control possibly? Exhaust fan for the range hood (though usually that would be noisy enough to leave no doubt as to what it does)?

alaina0817
Explorer
Explorer
Electric hot water is on demand,to activate switch in bath room

alaina0817
Explorer
Explorer
Master shut off is at steps,and also no sound of click

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your unit have an electric element in the water heater ?
If so, how to you activate it ?

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Do you hear a click ? could be your master shut off ???
Dennis Hoppert