cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic Fridge

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 4 door Dometic fridge in my 2013 Moblie Suites fiver. I have the setting at the coldest setting. The refrigerator portion stays at 32-34 degrees. The freezer only goes down to about 26. The ice maker works, just slowly. Ice cream is very soft. Any suggestions? I just got this trailer several week ago. Is this a chronic problem with these units?
20 REPLIES 20

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh and one other thing.. "Water freezes at 32 degress"
If it is distilled and it is at exactly 1 atmosphere pressure.

Higher pressure lower freezing point
Lower pressure higher
Impureturies (IE: Dissolved minerals) lower the freezing point

Science class. Chemistry 101. (College) and more.

THe difference however may be too mall for non-lab hardware to measure.

And in case you are wondering
Boiling point is also affected by pressure and purity Higher pressure HIGHER boiling point.. impurities are a mixed lot.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info Doug.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:
Just because you disagree with me does not make you right or me wrong.
I do a lot of research before posting but sometimes I am basing it on an old memory of research done 10 years or more ago Hence the line "I believe"

I think you will find. if you choose to be honest I am right more than wrong. Though I will admit that some issues may have more than one possible cause and thus more than one possible right answer. On those sometimes I get the right answer and sometimes someone else does. This does not mean either answer is wrong. Now I suspect you are confused... So be it. I'm not.

I appreciate your posts and I listen to those that can make a point without having to resort to an attack and rudeness.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just because you disagree with me does not make you right or me wrong.
I do a lot of research before posting but sometimes I am basing it on an old memory of research done 10 years or more ago Hence the line "I believe"

I think you will find. if you choose to be honest I am right more than wrong. Though I will admit that some issues may have more than one possible cause and thus more than one possible right answer. On those sometimes I get the right answer and sometimes someone else does. This does not mean either answer is wrong. Now I suspect you are confused... So be it. I'm not.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
wa8yxm wrote:
I have seen a proper install... MINE is properly installed.. I added fans both inside and out. Need a better inside fan though (Will get one later).. I'm a long way from a decent parts place now).

I do not have a LAT switch but I have jumper wires ๐Ÿ™‚ ANd knwo how to make one

ON and the ice maker is 20 degrees not `10.. Ice cream comes in two types one the colder it gets the harder and I mean HARDER it gets

The other can go down to several degrees below Zero and still be fairly soft. Depends in part on how much sugar in the mix

Source Jack Harkenss AKA Henry of Henry's Ice Cream (now closed) in Battle Creek. MI. Jack started as the "Jack of many trades" Curb hop when they had curb service. Bicycle delivery boy pedalling Henry's ice cream all over the neighborhood.. Saved is tips and when Henry retired... bought the business.. Right up till closing though Jack was still the delivery boy.. Delivering by pick up truck and Greyhound bus express to all over the USA.

Yes I spent a lot of time there enjoying ice cream.

You are a pain! The actual temp for icemaker harvest is 14 degrees, but industry standard is 10 degrees or lower. You post SO MUCH nonsense, on ALL issues. Just stick to what you know which is really nothing. Doug

You have posted almost 53,000 postings in 12 years and I will bet less than 100 are factual correct info.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ernie1 wrote:
dougrainer:
If water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit, why does the freezer need to be below 10 degrees fahrenheit? Not disagreeing, just really curious.

HOW do you think an Icemaker KNOWS when to harvest the ice??????? It has a Mold temp sensor and THAT sensor MUST be below 10 degrees before the Icemaker starts the ejection cycle. Sooooo, If the OP's ice is harvesting, his freezer temp measurements are NOT correct and his freezer is below 10 degrees which IS spec. He has NO PROBLEM with his refer, he just thinks he has. Doug

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer:
If water freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit, why does the freezer need to be below 10 degrees fahrenheit? Not disagreeing, just really curious.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Refer on coldest setting would indicate that there is an issue.
I would suggest rechecking clearances between cooling unit and outside wall.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have seen a proper install... MINE is properly installed.. I added fans both inside and out. Need a better inside fan though (Will get one later).. I'm a long way from a decent parts place now).

I do not have a LAT switch but I have jumper wires ๐Ÿ™‚ ANd knwo how to make one

ON and the ice maker is 20 degrees not `10.. Ice cream comes in two types one the colder it gets the harder and I mean HARDER it gets

The other can go down to several degrees below Zero and still be fairly soft. Depends in part on how much sugar in the mix

Source Jack Harkenss AKA Henry of Henry's Ice Cream (now closed) in Battle Creek. MI. Jack started as the "Jack of many trades" Curb hop when they had curb service. Bicycle delivery boy pedalling Henry's ice cream all over the neighborhood.. Saved is tips and when Henry retired... bought the business.. Right up till closing though Jack was still the delivery boy.. Delivering by pick up truck and Greyhound bus express to all over the USA.

Yes I spent a lot of time there enjoying ice cream.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Kountryguy wrote:
Seem as though it is installed properly, including exhaust fans on a thermostat. I will look for the LAT switch.

In other words, you don't want to get into that aspect. If you wont work a little bit for it, you may be getting all the performance your going to get.

Last one I took out had the roof vent 75% covered with roof material but hey, your fan turns on so I'm sure everything was done perfeclty.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Your freezer temp measurement is WRONG
2. The Icemaker will NOT make ice until the freezer is BELOW 10 degrees
3. From your refer temp and the fact that it makes ICE and dumps means your refer is at spec. Doug

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Freezer 'warm' & food compartment holding temp.

Freezer section gets cooling affect FIRST ----THEN food compartment

Fridge on 'coolest' setting and freezer NOT going below 26*F but food compartment at 32*F-34*F suggests obstruction in Freezer Low Temp Evap Coil.

Not a issue with circuit board, thermistor, LAC, Ambient air temps etc
Cooling unit process is functioning overall otherwise food compartment temps would NOT be at 32*F
If Freezer Evap Coil was fully functioning the freezer temps would be at 0*F or lower with those temps on food compartment.
Obstruction/Blockage.

What is MODEL Number?
RM1350?

Check Freezer Door Seals for leakage.....door bill test
But if the door gaskets didn't fully seal freezers should have excessive frost build up
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Seem as though it is installed properly, including exhaust fans on a thermostat. I will look for the LAT switch.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
enblethen wrote:
Verify that the ventilation in the installation manual is how it was installed.
Check between the cooling unit and the outside wall is less then an inch.
If in slide, look at the upper vent t insure there is a curved deflector forcing the warm rising air out the vent.

X2.
I have never seen an OEM install that was exactly as instructed by the firdges manual.
Making these modest changes made a huge difference to our last TT which had the same fridge as yours. It had no problem even in tripple digit temps and running on elect.