cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spartan 1245 shakedown

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a '17 Spartan 41ft from Blue Dog RV in Portland, OR in April '18. It had a crack in the countertop, which was noted, and when delivered the kingpin shroud was cracked, also noted. Been trying to get Blue Dog to fix both since then. I think we'll finally be getting the shroud replaced early January but the countertop still hasn't been delivered for replacement. Not impressed with Blue Dog.
There's a tapping noise in the wall between the fridge and the garage which we can't figure out. Intermittent and will drive you crazy. Hoping to get that fixed by our regular RV guy in CO. Happijack bed was working but has stopped - can't find a fuse for it so will be contacting company for help. Generator won't start - yes, it did start before - not going crazy.

Overall, though, it's a good unit...just a few bugs in the system to work out!
5 REPLIES 5

RVbikers
Explorer
Explorer
ependydad wrote:
Nicodemus wrote:
Generator won't start - yes, it did start before - not going crazy.

My generator wouldn't start initially. Turns out the labels on the gas tanks were swapped. Because of that, the dealership inadvertently put fuel into the auxiliary tank and not the generator tank. They just used the gas pump to transfer it and all was well. Still haven't fixed those labels. 😄

funny... same here. While at our local MC bash, I couldnt figure out why my genny tank wouldnt fill up when pumping from the auxillary tank. My buddy climbed underneath and yep, I was pumping back into the pump tank. They mixed the labels up...lol.

We love our Spartan. I hope they bring them back.
Keep true to the vision living in your head.
Jim & Evelyn
2015 Ford F-350 Dually 6.7L
2016 Prime Time Spartan 1242X
2012 Street Glide (his)
2004 Fatboy (hers)

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
I'll check on that gas thing, ependydad. Good point. And the tapping sound being the vent is something I hadn't considered. It's tapping right now and I'm about to shoot it or myself, depending.

vr200275
Explorer
Explorer
The tapping sound may be the exterior flap on your exhaust vent over the stove.

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
As for the cracked shroud, I ended up taking mine off after having to tear it apart when I snagged the emergency breakaway cable on something in the truck bed. I was backing out onto a busy 55mph 2-lane road and it snagged. Apparently I had never put one in before and couldn't hit the hole without seeing it.

Doesn't help you, of course. 🙂

Mine did rub the rails on my Retrax Pro bed cover and ended up cracking it up. Before I tore it off, I had my father-in-law trim the shroud back closer to the pin box.
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
Nicodemus wrote:
Generator won't start - yes, it did start before - not going crazy.

My generator wouldn't start initially. Turns out the labels on the gas tanks were swapped. Because of that, the dealership inadvertently put fuel into the auxiliary tank and not the generator tank. They just used the gas pump to transfer it and all was well. Still haven't fixed those labels. 😄
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page