cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shoshone RV, Death Valley?

freewayrandy
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone been there? Thoughts? Best route in there from the North? Thinking about going there late March early April. Thx.
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, 2024 Cougar 27SGS
7 REPLIES 7

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Furnace Creek is a big mass of people. Camping when it is 105 is a dumb idea.

sunbug
Explorer
Explorer
Check the route that goes past Scotty`s Castle. It has been closed as has the State Park at the castle because of flood damage. We were just in Shoshone last week and the RV park looked good. Hwy95 is a good route to take. We take it from Idaho each year to go to Pahrump Nv.

VTLee
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there late March 2016. Very quiet, not too hot and trails across the road from the rv park. Check on site availability as there were many long term rvs there, but few people.

Finally_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Better check the Death Valley NPS website. I think the entrance road(s) near Scotty's Castle are still closed. NPS Death Valley Road Closures
'17 Tiffin Breeze 31BR, '13 Honda CR-V
Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar & Brake System

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
If coming from the north, I'd come in on the Nevada side on 95 and enter on 247. Its the least hilly and will bring you in at Scotties Castle which is a must see and you can exit the park on 190 which will take you out just north of Shoshone. March/April is a great time to visit as you will enjoy the triple digit temps then, but only in the valley itself. Shoshone should be cooler at least at night.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Why not stay in the middle of the park at Furnace Creek? Easier to see the sights. Be prepared for warm temperatures. In March 2018 it was 105 each day I was camping.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shoshone is a very quirky old mining town. It can be hot by then. There is a collection of houses cut into the hillside behind the town. A lot of older miners retired there. They built a whole community. Many of them would play poker in front of the general store with tourists for income.