Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Emergency! Need a way from Hawaii to California no flying!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Emergency! Need a way from Hawaii to California no flying!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Trailblazer87

Central California

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingbob wrote:

I would check with another doctor . As a SCUBA instructor I have never heard of a "No Fly " for that length of time !

Unfortunately the order came down from the Dive Center the Coast Guard runs in Oahu, a second doctor was consulted and came to the same conclusion.

2004 31' Toymate by Automate
2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Wife and 2 dogs for travel companions, Blue the hound, and Ruger the Wonderhusky

jetboater454

Camping or home

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Trailblazer87 wrote:

wanderingbob wrote:

I would check with another doctor . As a SCUBA instructor I have never heard of a "No Fly " for that length of time !

Unfortunately the order came down from the Dive Center the Coast Guard runs in Oahu, a second doctor was consulted and came to the same conclusion.

Sounds like she may have a tiny air bubble in her to limit the flying. But the time grounded does seem rather long,but better safe than sorry.
Friend got no fly order once from not exhaling on the end of the accent for about 80',but it was only a few days,but it was years ago around 1990.

2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider
Looking for a 5th wheel toyhauler

Chiefcpo

Huntsville, Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 01/17/19 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hope you have travelers assist as you are more than 100 miles from home. Hopefully you are a RVer as you are asking on the rv site. God bless.

---------------
Around the Campfire, ATC, is NOT an rv site. Please check the posting rules. Thank you.

* This post was edited 01/18/19 05:15am by an administrator/moderator *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Emergency! Need a way from Hawaii to California no flying!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS