cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

a delicate, yet pertinent question concerning rv toilets

Frank_Mehaffey
Explorer
Explorer
When I purchased our first house, I noticed that the bathroom toilet was........small in width and length, compared to the apartment we had lived in. Hmmm, I thought, that was interesting. Upon doing some research at Home Depot and discovered that there were several "sizes" of bowls, we upgraded to a larger more comfortable seating area. Think of Fenway Park bleachers compared to box seats at Yankee Stadium. Well, I have noticed as I have gotten older and a tad more settled, that using our new TC toilet requires a more thoughtful "launch angle" and have often wondered if the RV toilet industry has an equivalent "big boy" version which would not require a WW2 bomb site for efficient and a more confident, how do I say it.....drop. I did a quick look online, and did not see a super duty version. Anyone out there know of one?
10 REPLIES 10

I lost 70 pounds and found the toilet fits much better now but its still a small or tight as you say,,, drop zone...

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
If you think your RV toilet is small, try the cassette toilet in my TC. Think doing your business in a coffee can. There is NO room "up front."

Tell me about it...lol At least missing is whizzing in the shower pan, not all bad.

I have a 'Lugable Loo' I carry with me for those warm morning poops.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
If you think your RV toilet is small, try the cassette toilet in my TC. Think doing your business in a coffee can. There is NO room "up front."

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

gitpicker2009
Explorer
Explorer
Also make sure it's suitable for a wet bath if you have one.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did a search on-line for the Dometic 320 Series toilet and found it online at AMAZON for $230...

Says it is a full sized low profile toliet for RV's

AMAZON has the dimensions there in a pictorial...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
Frank Mehaffey wrote:
I did a quick look online, and did not see a super duty version. Anyone out there know of one?
Take a look at the Thetford Bravura. It has an elongated seat.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Fitting big toilet for RV is not going to be easy, or possible, but try first the raisers Camping World sells.
I had motorhome who had toilet set with very small knee room and was very uncomfortable.
Even bigger toilet would not add kneeroom, but once I added the raiser, it made huge improvement.
I was skeptic about 2" or 3" raise making big difference, but it did.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
When I was looking at a replacement, the local camping world had a number of models on the floor. It was suggested that if I had a particular sitting preference, just outline a rough template of the current favorable seat (don;t forget to jot down the preferred height) on some paper or cardboard and they can help find the "seat" that feels best for your posterior when sitting. They don't have the range of heights but even a single inch can make a difference in comfort when recycling your meals. Like anything you buy with such a personal feel, being able to see, touch and sample the goods is best.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
the dometic 320 series is a very nice toilet for a rv. we have it in our Montana. china bowl and spray nozzle. look it up on amazon