Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Video TR: Quartzsite, AZ
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Video TR: Quartzsite, AZ

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
FirstTracks

Salt Lake City, UT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/02/19 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quartzsite may well be the most famous small town in America among RV'ers. It's where RV dwellers spend their winter months boondocking on BLM land, and attend the Big Tent RV show and RTR in January. We chose to visit in November before the big crowds arrive to check out the camping, the town, and the nearby memorial to the Japanese WWII internment camp in Poston:

https://youtu.be/-e2THtK58fg

Grand Adventure: YouTube.com/GrandAdventure | GrandAdventure.tv
Cottonwood Heights, UT
2016 Evo by Forest River T2050
2014 Toyota Tacoma SR 5.7L V8
Days camped: 2017 - 66 |2018 - 136

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 01/03/19 09:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most of the good rocks and minerals for sale have moved to Tucson.

D.E.Bishop

Eagle Rock, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/19 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

That is a very good video. I am interested in how you took the aerial shots, I have a BluRay from 2014 during show week. There is a lot of aerial photography but none that focuses on the plant life like yours does. The two videos are the only reason I would ever consider a drone. Taking aerial shots of some of the areas we are privileged to visit in this country would be really cool. Thanks for posting yours.

"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
Back to a 2006 Suzi GV
Roadmaster 5000
Roadmaster Invisibrake

FirstTracks

Salt Lake City, UT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/03/19 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

D.E.Bishop wrote:

That is a very good video. I am interested in how you took the aerial shots, I have a BluRay from 2014 during show week. There is a lot of aerial photography but none that focuses on the plant life like yours does. The two videos are the only reason I would ever consider a drone. Taking aerial shots of some of the areas we are privileged to visit in this country would be really cool. Thanks for posting yours.

And thank you, David! Our drone shots were filmed with a DJI Mavic Pro. I'm honestly not interested in flying a drone just for flying's sake; for me, it's nothing but a flying camera, and there's a perspective that you can gain with a drone camera that you just can't get any other way. It's not for every situation, and there are of course places where it can't be used, but when it adds value to our video we'll put the drone in the air.

Gottahaveit

Stockton CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/19 12:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the video...I hope you can get one once the RV show and All the RV's show up. We will be there shortly as we have been for many years making the wagon train circle with about 20 other RV buddies. LTV works for us so we can take the water belly to fill up etc. Of course we are parked pretty much away from others. No Camp hosts, Dog Patrols etc..Love it

40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

FirstTracks

Salt Lake City, UT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/19 07:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gottahaveit wrote:

Thanks for the video...I hope you can get one once the RV show and All the RV's show up. We will be there shortly as we have been for many years making the wagon train circle with about 20 other RV buddies. LTV works for us so we can take the water belly to fill up etc. Of course we are parked pretty much away from others. No Camp hosts, Dog Patrols etc..Love it

Sounds like a great time! Doubt well make it there during the shows this season as skiing takes priority for us in winter; however, we'll get there at some point for sure.

Gottahaveit

Stockton CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/05/19 11:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Public Lands, Boondocking and Dry Camping

> Video TR: Quartzsite, AZ
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS