cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mattress topper suggestions

Sango
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for suggestions on mattress toppers for a short queen. Thanks.
2018 3500 Dodge Laramie DRW 4 X 4
2019 Bigoot 25C10.4
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sport
17 REPLIES 17

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, throw out the cheap junk RV mattress and buy a decent replacement. A good quality foam mattress should not cost a lot and should last for decades. I don't understand why RV manufacturers think RVers are short. I would see if you can fit in a full sized Queen instead of a "short" Queen mattress. In fact that was one of the major criteria we had when shopping for an RV.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Zinus. Bought one last year for the TC. Buying one this year for home. Nice...
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
we took out the spring mattress in our camper and upgraded to a 8 inch foam one from Walmart for around $100 on sale.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
Wool army blanket.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2 inch memory foam topper from Walmart 10 or so years ago. It was a little large, I just cut it to fit with a knife. We are happy with it, and it shows no signs of aging or deterioration. If and when we need another one, I would go with a 3 inch thick one.

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 3" topper at Walmart for our Class A when we got it. Mattress was firm - the topper was excellent and we duplicated it in the house. Happy, comfy sleep.

It was queen topper, we just tuck the foot end under the mattress.
2014 Allegro 36LA

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
On our last 5er, we replaced the mattress with a new one and a topper from Denver Mattress, and we both loved the feel and sleep we got from it. We liked it so much that we bought one for our mattress at home.

The new 5er in my sig has such a comfortable mattress that we haven't found the need, and it is a full size queen.

That being said, on the mattress that come with our previous 5er, the topper just made the uncomfortable mattress "different", not better. We bought a better mattress, and put the topper on it, and we both loved it, and we both sleep different.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

bigorange
Explorer
Explorer
On our second one of these (first one went with the old trailer when we sold it) and very pleased. Amazon clicky
Not all those who wander are lost. - Tolkien

2018 Cherokee 235B 5W
2011 Ram 2500 CC SWB SLT 4WD 6.7 CTD 3.73
B&W Turnover Ball + Companion Slider hitch
2003 Sierra T22 TT - Sold

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
We put a 2" memory foam topper on our last RV mattress and it was very comfortable. The problem was that the topper shrank 3" in from the sides and kept sliding downward. It was a PIA!
So another vote for a better mattress.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
donn0128 wrote:
Waste of money. Buy a better mattress.

X2^^.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
we have a topper in our TT. we bought one with regular foam side and if you flip it over it has gel on that side for cooler sleeping in hot temps like AZ. we just trimed the foot end so it fit our mattress better. I don't think foam toppers are a waste of money, we have them in our three beds in the house as well. in the spare bed rooms we bought cheap mattresses from big lots and toppers at costco and the kids like the soft feel of the toppers over a hard mattress. I guess it comes down to you and how you like your mattress to feel. soft or hard

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 3โ€ topper for our home and loved it so much we bought one for the camper. If I recall, we bought it at Walmart. Well worth it.

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought 2 mattress toppers when they become "hot" item about 4 years ago.
They turned into dust by now.
Don't remember where I bought them, but either Costco or Walmart, so they suppose to be good quality, but they deteriorated very fast.