Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coach Battery

Cruisineasy
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 Jaco Greyhawk.
It has only one coach battery.It's the original battery that came with the rig brand new. It's failing and I need to get a new one. Does anybody know what size/kind it is?? It's in storage and I'm going to replace it today. Would like to purchase a new on on the way..
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Elk_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Cruisineasy wrote:
I have a 2011 Jaco Greyhawk.
It has only one coach battery.It's the original battery that came with the rig brand new. It's failing and I need to get a new one. Does anybody know what size/kind it is?? It's in storage and I'm going to replace it today. Would like to purchase a new on on the way..
Any help would be appreciated..
Thanks

If you're in market for a replacement for the coach battery I would recommend the VMAX line AGM type. I had nothing but success with them. I replaced the the Harris unit on my Jayco Redhawk after 6-7 mo purchase with the VMAX. I have been using this brand for some 10 yrs now on both boat and RVs. They are absolutely super. You will generally have to spend a little more than $200 for the higher Amp-hour battery but they are worth it and will last up to 8-10 yrs. with repeating charging. If you do any dry camping you cannot go wrong with this battery. VMAX is the manufacturer of Cabelas, and many other brands sold under different names. The Harris lead acid was just a cheap piece of junk Jayco added to sell the RV.

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
If you have room in the battery compartment you'll do best with two GC2 6volt batteries in series. They will be true deep cycle and give you quite a bit of capacity.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
Measure your battery compartment, you possibly could upgrade to 2 batteries, i have a 2015 ford chassis and have 2 group 27 batteries and they do great, it came with 2 group 24 and they would hold up.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
camperdave wrote:
Just generally speaking, you will save yourself many headaches by removing the old part first, and bringing it with you when you buy the replacement. Not just on a battery, but on most anything. Then you know for sure you're getting the right part.

That's what I would do.

Doing it that way also means you don't pay the core charge and have to lug it back to the same store later for the refund.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why not measure the battery compartment then buy a deep cycle 12v battery within those dimensions ? Measure the compartment height too.
That way you can replace that old battery with an equal or maybe a little larger one if you have the need.

Take a pic of the old battery hooked up so you know which wires go to the proper posts on the new battery.

Cruisineasy
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:
It depends, is it on a Ford, Chevy, or other chassis.

It's Ford but it's the coach battery that is bad. It's 8 years old, so I guess I got my moneys worth..

Cruisineasy
Explorer
Explorer
Smart move, Camper Dave..

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
Just generally speaking, you will save yourself many headaches by removing the old part first, and bringing it with you when you buy the replacement. Not just on a battery, but on most anything. Then you know for sure you're getting the right part.

That's what I would do.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
It depends, is it on a Ford, Chevy, or other chassis.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
They are series 65 batteries

https://www.battfinder.com/

Mass marketers sell them from $50 up to $100 or so.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Probsbly a GP24 dual starting charging battery. Not the best. If its in storage, leave it till spring. No reason wasting a good battery just sitting.