Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Ladders
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
prepilot_3ck

Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wildtoad wrote:

OP, Y’all on defense listen up. Y’all on offense sit down. Now team y’all need to pick it up. Don’t get me started on “youse guys”.

Thank you for clearing that up. [emoticon]

2016 Thor Outlaw 37RB
VW Tiguan Toad.
Coupla bikes, coupla dogs, coupla 40-somethings wishing they were retired.

My Reviews:
-----------
Campendium: https://www.campendium.com/users/157273
Campground Reviews: http://www.campgroundreviews.com/profile/31929

old guy

Oregon (pronounced Or e gun)

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

if you need to lean a ladder on t he coach to get to the roof, buy a swimming pool noddle to use as a buffer so you don't mess up the rubber roof ( if you have a rubber roof) or the sides of the coach

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco makes a ladder for toy haulers that mounts on the SIDE of the Trailer. It folds flush when in transit and you pull 4 pins to expand it out to go on top. BUT, buying it from a Jayco dealer will probably be a LOT more than $200. The shipping alone will be at least $100. Doug

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=........167091436493&selectedIndex=22&ajaxhist=0

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And when Yall have had enuf of youse guys , dont even think of going to western Pa or Youins will have real trouble.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 04:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use every bit of my 12 foot collapsable ladder and my TT is only 10’ 1” at the top of the AC. TH should be taller. Don’t skimp on length. Twelve footers are a hundred bucks on Amazon.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a convertable Step/Extension ladder which sears USED to sell. it's just exactly long enough to put me on the roof safely.. More in a bit on that.

THey also make Telescoping ladders.. The one I have is too short but it's useful for a ton of other stuff.

The Factory POS .. I reached out with ONE HAND and pulled it off the RV.. ONE HAND.. it is good for about 150 pounds not much more The Sears ladder is rated 250 tested to 500 and works well with my 300.

The safely part.. I'm a former ladder monkey (Worked as a Roofer for 7 years when I was younger and more foolish) and very used to climbing a ladder set up at the proper angle. (Proper angle. Tips of toes to feet of ladder. Reach out arm straight and about level and grab a rung. Heal of hand: too steep. Finger tips: Too shallow: Comfortable Grip: Proper angle)

Climbing a VERTICAL laddre like the Factor POS.. Much scarier Much Much Scarier.

Highest I've ever climbed on a Vertical ladder: 100' (antenna tower)
I'm acrophoboic (Fear of heights) TRUST I did... In my safety gear.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have one of these. Best purchase I've ever made for the RV after the countertop ice maker.

Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

scbwr

North Ridgeville, OH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/04/19 06:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I decided to go with a GP Logistics SLDD7 7' Compact Folding Ladder:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009IJUL4O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like that it takes little space in a pass thru compartment and isn't as heavy as the "little giant" type ladders. I have a Werner version of the Little Giant to the S&B house, but found that it would take up more room, is heavier and more awkward to stow and remove from MH storage compartment. I do have a OEM ladder on the back of our Newmar, so the GP folding ladder isn't my only option for getting on the roof of the motorhome.

2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 08:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm debating whether or not to share my ladder situation....
I know this is Claas A and I tow a TT, but..

Oh what the heck!

I carry, at all times, a 3 foot, 4 foot, 6 foot, 8 foot, 10 foot and a 12 foot stepladder. And if I need to get higher I pull down my 24 foot extension ladder! [emoticon]
I sold my 2 - 34 foot extension ladders because I don't want to go up there anymore.

Getting on top of any rig isn't an issue for me. I've loaned my ladders to many a neighbor who needs to get up on top of their RV for something. And many times gone up there myself because they lack the confidence.

(My work vehicle is my tow vehicle and I have a rack to carry all this stuff)

But in answer to your query, I have suggested to many folks to get one of those multi function, multi purpose fold up aluminum ladders. They can be set as a stepladder or a single longer one to lean on something to climb up. They fold up compact enough to stow away in a storage compartment.

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

I do
Precision Guesswork
based on
Vague Assumptions
&
Unreliable Data of Dubious Accuracy
provided by persons of
Questionable Intellectual Capacity

Now, What would you like done?

Stim

NE Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/04/19 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More than one Y'all is All Y'all!
Here is a Harbor Freight 17'er $139. get the 20% off coupon too.
https://www.harborfreight.com/17-ft-type-ia-multi-task-ladder-63419.html

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS