cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV antenna splitter

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2015 Thor Chateau 31W and I am trying to locate the antenna splitter, all I have found is switch plate for antenna booster and antenna coaxial connections but no splitter. I have a dish satalite receiver with one cable going into it then one out but I have 3 TVs in the unit one outside one in the back bedroom and one outside in a compartment so has anyone found the location to send signals to all the TVs
10 REPLIES 10

fairway2002
Explorer
Explorer
Is your Over the air amplifier on? That screws with my cable picture.

houstonstroker
Explorer
Explorer
OK Fine on OTA, so you know to turn off the booster before you try to scan for cable channels, yes?
2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
No, fine on OTA

houstonstroker
Explorer
Explorer
Is the picture snowy on OTA antenna or cable?
2016 Dynamax Force HD Super C

Healeyman
Explorer
Explorer

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
If your sat box has a coax output to feed to a television you can plug it into the middle coax position on the back of the panel shown. Of course this removes your park cable input. Your sat box would have an output on a specific channel on the tv most likely and you change channels via the box of course.

You must have the wall box turned off when using the satellite signal or you will get snow from the roof antenna interference.

If this information works for you there are some simple modifications to the wall plate while you have it out that will make things more flexible
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

okiejoe
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, thanks for the picture, looks like it may be behind the amplifier switch. I’ll pull it and see. My problem is there is a satellite dome installed on top of the roof am
Nd all 3 TVs are connected to it, the satellite receiver is connected via coaxable antenna cable and all TVs have a snowy picture but if I run an HDMI cable from receiver to big TV up from its crystal clear for that TV

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Are you asking how to send satellite signals to all three sets using the antenna splitter?
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is a neat diagram of the ANTENNA WALL PLATE my two trailers have...

I never had much luck trying to use the so called SAT TV outside connections... Neve could get past the outside trailer TV splitter to grab the required SAT ANTENNA DC VOLAGE to operate the dish...

The only way I could ever get my portable SAT TV to work was to run two RG cables into the trailer from the two SAT OUTPUTs on the dish head and connect to a SAT RCVR at each location we wanted to watch SAT TV. Then I would run VIDEO cables from the SAT RCVR to the VIDEO INPUTS to the TV we wanted to watch it on. Then use the TV control to select the video input for SAT TV or CABLE for regular TV coming in from the cable or outside Batwing antenna...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Splitters are usually built into the ant. P.S. (your wall switch thingy)
It should have an output for each TV.