Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Roads and Routes: Dallas to Port Aransas
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Dallas to Port Aransas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
traindriver1

central illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/09/19 07:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

US 77 from Waco to Victoria, take by pass , around Victoria stay on 77 for 21 miles to rt 239, take 239 to Tivoli and rt 35. Take rt 35 to Aransas Pass , then cut over to Port Aransas. Best way to go, some 2 lane, some 4 lane, all good road, no traffic and 70 - 75 mph limits.

mkc

TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/10/19 12:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

You could also at Ft.Worth go Loop 820 West to I20W to 281 all the way to San Antonio.

Having spent 12 years in the Denton, TX area I would second this route. I35W through Ft. Worth can be quite congested; I35 through Austin even worse.

In fact, from I35 in Denton, 380 W to 156 S to 820 can be a good option if traveling during peak I35W hours. You'll hit some traffic lights, but 156 is generally a good 2 lane road.

2017 LTV Unity

timandsusan

San Antonio, Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/11/19 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lots of great advice on DFW area. We usually use US281 from San Antonio to Denton to visit Gkids. Getting thru San Antonio is largely dependent on timing. Driving thru town after 9:30AM and before 3:30PM will avoid heaviest traffic. Routing to Port A routing--good advice. I like the SPID route that skips the ferry-that allows you to skip the ferry waiting lines. Have a great trip!

texasjayco

Texas Hill Country - west of Austin

View Profile

Posted: 01/11/19 07:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

traindriver1 wrote:

US 77 from Waco to Victoria, take by pass , around Victoria stay on 77 for 21 miles to rt 239, take 239 to Tivoli and rt 35. Take rt 35 to Aransas Pass , then cut over to Port Aransas. Best way to go, some 2 lane, some 4 lane, all good road, no traffic and 70 - 75 mph limits.

By FAR the best way to go to avoid traffic.

Just stay on I-35 to Waco and follow the above route.

You will keep your sanity that way.

Mark

2019 Jayco Pinnacle 38REFS
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat Diesel Dually

My Hometown

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Dallas to Port Aransas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS