cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying new camper

Jbradley
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 2018 Bullet 243bhs that is brand new for 18,9 is that a good deal?
10 REPLIES 10

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on your new camper!

Jbradley
Explorer
Explorer
I found it out of state at a mom and pop dealer. Barton Lake RV in Fremont Indiana. It ended up costing me 20 out the door after everything. I've been camping for years just decided to upgrade from a pop up. I think I'll be happy with it. More importantly the wife is happy with it!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Can not comment on the price or the RV but can the floor plan

Is it a Bath and a Half floor plan????

WHy do I ask.. Well as I move about the country the water changes (I do not waste my money buying bottled water) and as the water changes well.... Sometimes the new mineral mix has.. Shall we say.. After effects.

And as you know the length of "Just a minute" depends on WHICH side of the door you are on.

Bath and a half = 2 holes no waiting.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
Same advice I give all newcomers.

Buy a 2-5 year old used RV. Much cheaper. You will discover if you really like camping or not and if the floor plan works for you.

After a couple of years, then but new.

Best advice there is. Always buy used or lease one for a trip and find out if you really like it, then buy later on. Let some other person take the depreciaion and deal with the issues that always crop up with a new unit.

I know what dealer you are looking at and I bet it sat outside o their lot and has never been even looked over.

Aren't any dealers around us that are worth beans. I went out of state myself.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
NADA says low retail is $18,500.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Same advice I give all newcomers.

Buy a 2-5 year old used RV. Much cheaper. You will discover if you really like camping or not and if the floor plan works for you.

After a couple of years, then but new.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
If that is the floorplan and brand you want, simply let the web do the work.
www.rvt.com
and
www.rvtrader.com
Use the advanced search to check availability and pricing of that exact model. There are links on the ads from both sites to take you to the dealers website. Peruse it.
Chain dealers tend to have a lot of fees and add ons to their pricing. Shipping may be as much as $1700, Dealer prep $750, PDI or walk through at some may be $350 and then they charge a documentation fee of $300 to $500.
So your $18,995 could actually be $22000 or more.
Some dealers even require you to finance through them for sale pricing.
You can also find some, usually small mom and pop locations that price their units out the door, no add ons, no fees. (their websites usually advertise this)

From a quick look, your $18,995 seems a decent price if that is out the door, if they tack a lot of horse hockey fees on, not so much.
Happy hunting.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jbradley wrote:
Looking at a 2018 Bullet 243bhs that is brand new for 18,9 is that a good deal?

Not bad but I bet better could be found, especially on a 2018. Check the build date on the tell tale yellow sticker. It could of been built as early as spring of 17 or earlier, that means it's spent two winters sitting on the manufacturers or dealers lot, probably without any PM. 2019's have been out for a year or longer.

Buyers market right now...sales are tanking.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe