cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions Please

6ofus
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I are still learning about Class A Motorhomes and over the past few months have done a lot of reading. We found this Georgie Boy listed about an hour away from us and I'm just curious what other people's opinions are about it.

I believe the ad is incorrect and should be listed as a 2006 not 2007 model. We wanted to wait until fall to purchase something but I couldn't help but look. I should note that we would be replacing the carpeting and couches.

So tell me what you think.....give us the good, the bad and the ugly on this buy.

https://www.collierrv.com/product/used-2007-georgie-boy-pursuit-3480-ds-973979-9#paymentCalculator
13 REPLIES 13

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
If that unit had been advertised last spring when we were looking, I would have probably gone to look at it! If it is mechanically in really good shape, you may have to consider a few things. The carpeting may not look as good as it does in the pics....had that happen with a 2008 HR gasser that we went to look at. And, in those years, that can be a lot of carpet to replace which can be pretty pricey if you can't do it yourself. You may find that it's time for a sofa upgrades, but that isn't a problem as long as you plan for it financially. I'd be surprised if it doesn't need a set of tires and possibly a brake job. If so, you can save some bucks by going with Toyo or other tires that aren't as expensive as Goodyears or Michelins. Also, you may want to replace the mattress. But if the price is right and you have some money in the budget for upgrades, it could be a good way to hit the road.

One more point....make sure it has two AC units. In a motorhome that size, you really need two AC units if you are going to be in hot summer weather. Also, find out the size of the generator. I suggest making sure that it has enough capacity to run both AC units at the same time or at least a power management system to effectively alternate between the two. Another cost may be replacing the coach battery and/or the house batteries. I don't mean to sound negative, but when looking at a used motorhome, there's a lot of stuff that does wear out and you don't want to purchase one without being prepared for some expenses.

If you don't want to worry about expensive repairs, you could look at getting an extended warranty, but they are pricey and many would argue that you're better off to take the cost of one and just put that money aside and save it as a repair fund.
Good luck in your search.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
looks nice you will know in your heart if its th right one dont buy something and wonder just love your new purchase

6ofus
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
For the technically challenged: ๐Ÿ™‚

Clicky

The VIN shows it's a 2006 stripped chassis, so that's when the chassis was built. My guess is the coach was put on the following year, hence the 07 model. VIN check does show a recall on that unit, so you might want to ask about that....BTW, I like the interior colors. :)....Dennis

Thanks for the "clicky". I should have done that to begin with.

It was mentioned earlier that the tow capacity is low. Researched a little more and I see that the tow capacity is 4500.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
For the technically challenged: ๐Ÿ™‚

Clicky

The VIN shows it's a 2006 stripped chassis, so that's when the chassis was built. My guess is the coach was put on the following year, hence the 07 model. VIN check does show a recall on that unit, so you might want to ask about that....BTW, I like the interior colors. :)....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
nothing wrong with low miles , ours gets about 3k a years lot of short trips, and get down on your knees and get the date code on the tires, and brand then google that brand for reviews, if there 5years or older they got to go. tires arn,t cheap. and double check for leaks,and title check that its not a salvage title.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Delete

Wire_Man
Explorer
Explorer
In my opinion Georgie Boyโ€™s were well built motor homes, we owned two of them over the years and both were well built coaches. The price of anything is only as good as you think it is, if you are happy with it the price is good no matter how high or low it was.
Barney & Penny with our puppies Lucy & Ricky
2008 Fleetwood Discovery
NHRA Drag racing is our habit :C
Good Sams, FMCA, Cummins Power Club, Coach-Net

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Price seems high. Georgie Boys were mid-level coaches. If you went a little older, you could get a nice DP.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
Why does low mileage bother people?
When I go shopping for a vehicle I don't look for the highest mileage, lol.
So what if it sits? Less wear and tear on the drivetrain
Bought our 2006 when it was 8 years old and 3800 miles.
I forget the gen hours but way less than 100
Both run like a champ
My 43 year old corvette only has 54k miles.
Doubt anyone wants it now.:)

6ofus
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Why do you think it should be a 2006 and not a 2007? You can't go by the VIN as that's when the chassis was built not the MH. It's very common for the chassis to be a year or two older than the body.

my thoughts;

it looks very clean and well cared for. The fact that the dealer has so many pictures means they don't seem to be hiding anything and in the video they point out issues which seems very forthcoming. The mileage bothers me. It's only about 2k miles per year so it may have sat for long periods of time. I'd be curious to know genset hours - low is not good for those either. If the weights are correct on the ad there is very little room to tow a vehicle. Looks like only about 2500 lbs capacity left. Looks like they are right on avg retail from NADA. Low retail is $27k. You can bet they traded it in much less than 27k, but I am sure they had to detail it etc. Check for leaks, roof condition, inside cabinets and bins for signs of water etc. He says the tires are 2016 so that's good and saves you money there. But all in without seeing it, it looks like a very nice coach.

I did not see that Model # listed for that year but I did see it for 2006.

Ahh yes, the weight issue. We need as much carrying capacity as we can get. I was curious about the low miles as well but not worried about it too much. I do know that low miles on the gen is not a good thing. ๐Ÿ˜ž

6ofus
Explorer
Explorer
185EZ wrote:
I always wondered what the interior designers were smoking when they picked out material
Doesn't look too bad
Are tires original?
I didn't notice any jacks.

LOL yes but I have seen worse! There is a video posted on the web page and it states "tires are fairly new". I have not seen it in person though

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Why do you think it should be a 2006 and not a 2007? You can't go by the VIN as that's when the chassis was built not the MH. It's very common for the chassis to be a year or two older than the body.

my thoughts;

it looks very clean and well cared for. The fact that the dealer has so many pictures means they don't seem to be hiding anything and in the video they point out issues which seems very forthcoming. The mileage bothers me. It's only about 2k miles per year so it may have sat for long periods of time. I'd be curious to know genset hours - low is not good for those either. If the weights are correct on the ad there is very little room to tow a vehicle. Looks like only about 2500 lbs capacity left. Looks like they are right on avg retail from NADA. Low retail is $27k. You can bet they traded it in much less than 27k, but I am sure they had to detail it etc. Check for leaks, roof condition, inside cabinets and bins for signs of water etc. He says the tires are 2016 so that's good and saves you money there. But all in without seeing it, it looks like a very nice coach.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

185EZ
Explorer
Explorer
I always wondered what the interior designers were smoking when they picked out material
Doesn't look too bad
Are tires original?