cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texas Hill Country Campsite Recommendation?

CanuckCamper29
Explorer
Explorer
Hmm it appears I’ve left it too late for March spring break this year. All the State Parks are full.

Any recommendations for campgrounds other than the State Parks in hill country? We’d like something with power and water preferably, but not mandatory.

We like KOA’s, but we are looking for something with a bit more of a wilderness feel this time.

Thanks in advance.
CC
2013 F150 Lariat SCREW
ProPride 3P
2013 Sunset Trail 29SS
11 REPLIES 11

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
We used Oakwood RV resort in Fredericksburg..Not primitive at all.
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
look at Peach Country RV park, Johnson City, Texas..East of Fredericksburg..If you are into wine look into 290 Wine Castle. It is owned by my niece and nephew.
Also look into the restaurant right by the RV park.
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad

CanuckCamper29
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all posters. Great suggestions. We are staying for a week and we booked for part of the week at Lady Bird Johnson campground.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Thanks again.
CC
2013 F150 Lariat SCREW
ProPride 3P
2013 Sunset Trail 29SS

chiefneon
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy!

You might try Lady Bird Johnson Municipal Park Campground in Fredericksburg, Texas. We stay there when visiting the Fredericksburg area.

Lady Bird Johonson Municipal Park Campground

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

charming
Explorer
Explorer
We really liked the Vineyards in Fredericksburg.
Looking forward to new adventures and new friends.

texasjayco
Explorer
Explorer
CanuckCamper29 wrote:
Hmm it appears I’ve left it too late for March spring break this year. All the State Parks are full.

Any recommendations for campgrounds other than the State Parks in hill country? We’d like something with power and water preferably, but not mandatory.

We like KOA’s, but we are looking for something with a bit more of a wilderness feel this time.

Thanks in advance.
CC

You didn't say how long you're wanting to stay in the area.

If you're looking for a weekend, then yeah you waited to late for any SP for that time of year. But if you're talking about during the week, there are sites available.

I just looked at one of my favorite Hill Country SPs (South Llano River SP), and there are sites during the week. You would have to leave for the weekend and come back. There are a gajillion private parks throughout the Hill Country to use for the weekend.

Mark
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS
2022 Ford F-450 Limited Diesel Dually

GoHorns
Explorer
Explorer
Sunset Point in Marble Falls... just got back last week. Pricey, but nice...
2017 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi, 4x4, 3.92
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2150RB
Equalizer 14k

Semi Empty Nesters
Jer 20:9

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We go almost every Spring to view the bluebonnets. Our choice in the area is the KOA just east of Fredericksburg. There are some really nice campsites. That is where we will definitely go this year.

We do not routinely stay in KOAs, but is one that we prefer to any other RV park in the Fredericksburg area.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
This place is on a beautiful piece of property with a small river flowing thru it. Prices were reasonable in May 2018.

By the river campground
Puma 30RKSS

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
Palo Duro
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Have you tried Kerrville Schreiner Park? . Formerly a state park but now a city park. Split by the highway with a river side and a hill side. We prefer the hill side as sites are much roomier and more of an isolation from civilization feel. But river side is right along the Guadalupe Rver. They have sites from full hookups to no hookups.