cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Look, New Trend, Let Me Be the 1st

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Changed out my 19.5 steel rims to black powered coated rims with a chrome center cap and new Firestone FS561 tires.

Everyone has either chrome wheel liners or aluminum rims so I thought I would be the 1st and go black.

Black is always in style..

Pics did not do so well, to much shadow from the winter sun at a angle, does look better in person.

:C
30 REPLIES 30

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
Or maybe a black center cap and lugs.

Does look better from the distance as it blends in with the black paint... even in the front.

I was thinking of black center caps but the chrome caps give it just enough pop to not be so black, seems to look better on this set-up vs a truck.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks like a school bus to me....lol

That's fine by me as long as I don't look like every other motorhome in the campground/rv park, being different is what I want, now I need to replace 10 more rims.
{ 4 & spare for Jeep, 4 & spare for trailer }

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Looks like a school bus to me....lol
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
I like the look of painted steel wheels and dog dish hubcapsโ€”plain and workwise.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Well darn I thought I was the 1st, well at least there is just a few of us with black rims, those are some cool looking motorhomes.

I will just add a few pics of mine to join the club above

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope. Donโ€™t like โ€˜em on cars, donโ€™t like โ€˜em on an MH either now that Iโ€™ve seen one. But thatโ€™s why they make all kinds cause people like different things.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

jharrell
Explorer
Explorer
I like it, thought about doing that myself to match my jeep.

Sorry though your not the first, I seen a few Newmars done up:

2016 Winnebago Vista 31be - Blue Ox Rear Track Bar - Centramatic Wheel balancers
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Toad - Readybrute Elite Towbar

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Although I am not, nor have I ever been, a fan of the current black wheel trend, it does look pretty nice on your rig.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
me likey.

ditto
There is something special about camping in an RV.

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
If you like it then that is all that matters. It is different and around here that isn't good. Who worries about any succesive buyer? Your money, your likes, your coach. Go for it! Stands out in the RV world where every coach looks the same.

FWIW: I like them.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
I like it!
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I think they look good. Nice job !!

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
I got tired of the noisy wheel simulators on our B+ a couple of years ago. Picked up chrome "beauty rings" and OEM hub caps for a 3500 series Chevrolet dually from the surplus dealers around Elkhart IN. $40 all in, no noise and I like the look on the factory grey wheels.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Ductape
Explorer
Explorer
I like it. I ran black wheels on a black dually once, not a fan of chrome. In fact I just removed a chrome decorative exhaust tip from my brand new toad.
49 States, 6 Provinces, 2 Territories...