cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How much is a Mustang rated to pull?

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II

My daughter took this picture a few days ago near Little Rock.
25 REPLIES 25

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hammerhead wrote:
Or mess up someone else's life who happens to be on the same road.

jfkmk wrote:
Groover wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
I think Iโ€™d be more concerned with your daughter tooling down the highway at 70 mph taking pictures.

I have spoken with her a few times about that. She does have a pretty clean driving record so far but it just takes one "OH ****" moment to mess up your whole life.

Either her life or someone elseโ€™s. At over 100 ft per second, it doesnโ€™t take much distraction time to change your life!

I don't disagree but there are a lot of people out there driving a lot faster than 70 and with a lot worse driving records than she has.

Hammerhead
Explorer
Explorer
Or mess up someone else's life who happens to be on the same road.

jfkmk wrote:
Groover wrote:
jfkmk wrote:
I think Iโ€™d be more concerned with your daughter tooling down the highway at 70 mph taking pictures.

I have spoken with her a few times about that. She does have a pretty clean driving record so far but it just takes one "OH ****" moment to mess up your whole life.

Either her life or someone elseโ€™s. At over 100 ft per second, it doesnโ€™t take much distraction time to change your life!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
blt2ski wrote:
Manufactures gcwr is not a legal issue per an LEO requirement in this case. What will get these rigs in trouble, is the 2-3 towed rigs, along with more than likely, no working brakes on the towed rigs. These issues are tickets that go on driving record, red tag so one needs to stop moving, get brakes working on towed rigs, etc etc.
Weight limits only protect the engineer designed load limits of the road design. This setup is legal from that perspective...being over weight is not a moving violation, so it would not go on driving or insurance record. The no brakes etc, is a moving violation, so bad news from your insurance standpoint.
Marty

Except the real cops don't give a hoot about the Mexican trains. If they did, they could clean up on them and there wouldn't be any on the road. However drive S to N in NM or AZ and you'll pass many of them. All the time.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
and here ive always told people on here choosing a tow vehicle was all about payload with the smaller vehicles. Guess I should have been more specific.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

blt2ski
Manufactures gcwr is not a legal issue per an LEO requirement in this case. What will get these rigs in trouble, is the 2-3 towed rigs, along with more than likely, no working brakes on the towed rigs. These issues are tickets that go on driving record, red tag so one needs to stop moving, get brakes working on towed rigs, etc etc.
Weight limits only protect the engineer designed load limits of the road design. This setup is legal from that perspective...being over weight is not a moving violation, so it would not go on driving or insurance record. The no brakes etc, is a moving violation, so bad news from your insurance standpoint.
Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
They all appear to have some body damage. When they get to Mexico are they repaired or sold/driven as is?

They aren't exactly always damaged. They remove the bumper covers so they can install the universal tow bar to the bumper brackets. The bumpers they remove are inside the car.

Also, when I see these, they usually have two or three "trains" going down the road. Though I'm used to seeing trucks/vans more than cars.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Our daughter had her car stolen and it was a couple months before it was found. The insurance company said that we could buy it back for $170. Thatโ€™s cheap transportation.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

FireGuard
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
NOT seen in California at all. Car transport trucks headed south, yes. All the time.

See it all the time in California, but older Toyota trucks are the desired โ€œtrainโ€
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
jfkmk wrote:

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
jfkmk wrote:

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:

Some people can walk and chew gum at the same time, others canโ€™t!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
And I thought I had seen pretty much everything.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Mexican road train. They don't have body damage but the fender covers have been removed to attach tow bars. They leave the engines running with the car in neutral to save the automatic transmission from damage on cars where removing the drive shaft(s) is difficult (especially front wheel drive vehicles). Sometimes, the last car will have someone sitting in the drivers seat to apply brakes. Usually, these Mexican road trains travel at night to avoid law enforcement.