cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destination Travel Trailers.

Rubber_Ducky1
Explorer
Explorer
I've never seen a test and write-up in Trailer Life Magazine on a destination trailer. My wife and I have a 2014 Wildwood Lodge 394FKDS which we ordered in the spring of 2013. Come April 1 we will start our 27th season at the campground where my unit is parked. There is probably a dozen maybe more destination trailers in this campground. There is also 2 "park models". I know that destination trailers are not a big market. I would just like Trailer Life Magazine do a review of one or two.
6 REPLIES 6

srt20
Explorer
Explorer
Our campground has 24 sites and at least half are Destination Trailers, including ours. I think its a growing market.

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
Destination unknown........lol
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
Rubber Ducky1 wrote:
I know that destination trailers are not a big market.

I don't know about that. The dealer we bought our Destination Trailer from can't keep them in stock. They are usually gone shortly after they get them. At our seasonal campground there are about 1/2 dozen or so Jayco Bungalows and about as many Wilderness Lodges along with some older Keystone (I think they are Keystone) DTs.

This May will be the start of our 3rd year in our Jayco Bungalow. We couldn't be happier with it.

I would imagine there isn't much review by the RV media because, they aren't typical Travel Trailers. I don't ever recall seeing Park Models reviewed in any of the RV magazines either.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Any answer you get would be speculation on why they don't review destination or park models. You would have to ask Trailer Life to get the correct answer. Back to the speculation. Since they are meant to be parked on location maybe they focus on the travel aspect of RV'S. I have researched destination trailers to put on my seasonal site and will probably go with the Ceader Creek Cottage.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
Columbus recently released a destination travel trailer that looks pretty neat.
Columbus Castaway
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
How many ads do see in TL for destination trailers? No or few ads equals no reviews.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad