Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Seven weeks on the road...1/2/3/4/5/6/7..and home
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Seven weeks on the road...1/2/3/4/5/6/7..and home

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/19 10:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

Have a wee in hand

Isn't that a bit messy??? [emoticon]

Thanks for tip...on the wee...one can get in trouble with these things.

Gary

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/19 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

I am so sorry I haven't updated the Blog for pix, We have been going flat out and getting in too late to upload and sometimes spotty wifi...one excuse after another, I know. FB is up to date tho...some pretty nice burro's nd Rainbow Canyon jets....

We are in Bishop tonight..Saturday...have some supper then head out to the BLM campground just north. I am reading there is a great craft brew outfit here so am going to try that out.

https://www.facebook.com/gwhaupt

and the Blog is now up to date....done from the snow in Bishop....

https://mrgwh.blogspot.com/2019/02/a-week-in-death-valley.html

On week 5 and a bit and the weather is now looking to become an issue.

Gary

Gary,

How was the road into Zabrisky Point?

We started up the road to Zabrisky a few years ago, but turned around because we thought it might turn out to be a jeep road. Maybe we should have continued?

Phil, 2005 E450 Itasca Spirit 24V

garyhaupt

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/19 07:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Phil...Zabrisky is right on the main road. Are you referring to Dante's Overlook by any chance? If so..paved all the way. I am hard pressed to think of one dirt road I was on in DV. The road to the Amargosa River is dirt, but that is not in DV, anyway.

Gary

garyhaupt

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/19 08:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On our way home and the weather is a problem...to say the least. No matter which way I look...snow and lots of it.

This morning I was in John Day in eastern Oregon and the route west(26) was getting hit. I throttled back and let the truck do it's job, in 4hi.

">][image]

">][image]

I was in free wheel when I took the pix.
">][image]

">][image]

Gary

blofgren

Surrey, B.C.

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/19 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may want to stay down south, Gary....the weather in BC hasn't been great.....unfortunately winter arrived. [emoticon]

2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, RAM 20k sliding hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/13/19 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

blofgren wrote:

You may want to stay down south, Gary....the weather in BC hasn't been great.....unfortunately winter arrived. [emoticon]

Head to the Oregon Coast, still nice out here.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

garyhaupt

View Profile

Posted: 02/13/19 09:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Six weeks on the road...Sharon has to be back to take care of business. And from what I understand, just getting to the coast would be a miserable time.

Gary

frankdamp

Anacortes

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/19 08:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gary: I don't know if you'd head west to Washington before going north. The northern half of Washington got fairly heavy snowfalls the last week or so. Olympia got 12", Seattle a similar amount. We got 6" in Anacortes and I've heard that Bellingham really got clobbered, but don't know by how much. Their daytime highs have been below freezing for several days.

It's raining in Anacortes this morning, so we may be snow free by Saturday or Sunday.

Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

garyhaupt

View Profile

Posted: 02/14/19 11:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

frankdamp wrote:

Gary: I don't know if you'd head west to Washington before going north. The northern half of Washington got fairly heavy snowfalls the last week or so. Olympia got 12", Seattle a similar amount. We got 6" in Anacortes and I've heard that Bellingham really got clobbered, but don't know by how much. Their daytime highs have been below freezing for several days.

It's raining in Anacortes this morning, so we may be snow free by Saturday or Sunday.

Thanks Frankdamp...we came up out of central Nevada and are now in central Oregon..Prineville, to be specific. We'll hang out here for tonight (Thursday)..they have a brewpub with great food, I have been told by library staff..Valentines dinner, you understand. On to Madras tomorrow and scope out the Erickson Aircraft Collection...all the while just passing time. Hopefully by weekends end, the NOAA forecast holds and the snow has stopped. The we'll cross into Washington and carry on..not in a rush..just cruising. Thanks for the update.

Gary

pnichols

The Other California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 02/14/19 11:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

Phil...Zabrisky is right on the main road. Are you referring to Dante's Overlook by any chance? If so..paved all the way. I am hard pressed to think of one dirt road I was on in DV. The road to the Amargosa River is dirt, but that is not in DV, anyway.
Gary

Gary ... yeah I think you're correct ... it must have been Dante's Overlook in DV that we turned back from trying to get to. Here's us coming back from the attempt:
[image]

Not to detach from your great trip reports in this thread, but FWIW here's a typical road and some camping we have done in DV:
[image]

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Seven weeks on the road...1/2/3/4/5/6/7..and home
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.