cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oak Island Nova Scotia

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone visited Oak Island and done one of the Tours? We are heading that way this summer and I'm thinking it might be an interesting thing to do. I did a search and nothing turned up..
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
4 REPLIES 4

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I visited that area a little over a year ago, but after the tours stopped operating for the season. We did stop to eat at a restaurant right down the road from the island and the owner of the restaurant was a native to the area and a very interesting person. She told us that the locals think that Samuel Ball found at least part of the "treasure" when he owned lots and lived on the island after the U.S. Civil War. She said his only visible means of support was that he raised cabbage, but he always seemed to have money and at his death was one of the richest persons in Nova Scotia. I can't imagine there was that much money in cabbage. So there you go.......

It is very interesting to watch and the actual pit being a diversion could very well be.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
The Lagina Brothers own the island. I honestly don't think there are any tours or anything like that until after they get finished digging and finding whatever they can. Then, they may open it up to tours.

If I were the owners, I would want NO ONE on the island that was not completely vested through me and my company and I knew what they were doing every minute they were on the island.

After diging there for over 150 years or so and finding Nothing I doubt they ever will.
Its an interesting mystery for sure and someone went to a great deal of making that money pit.
Many theories abound,,My guess is it was done by some pirates back then.
If there was any treasure it wouldnt be at the bottom of the pit as that was imposible to reach due to flood tunels continuously filing the pit with ocean water if anyone dug deeper.
Imo the treasure would be hiden close to the surface far from the pit most likely marked by some of those stones.

The pit was just a big trap a decoy to make people dig in wrong place like all these treasure hunters did so far

https://youtu.be/FrM7Wx2mx3k

prairie_camper
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.oakislandtours.ca/tours.html:)

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
The Lagina Brothers own the island. I honestly don't think there are any tours or anything like that until after they get finished digging and finding whatever they can. Then, they may open it up to tours.

If I were the owners, I would want NO ONE on the island that was not completely vested through me and my company and I knew what they were doing every minute they were on the island.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW