02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV
184 REPLIES 184

blt2ski
I was hoping the two teenagers would shut up.........
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
NJRVer wrote:
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

You were caught out lyingI so you cannot handle it when you are caught out. doubt you tell truth in any of your posts I pity for RoyB and the total waffle you have written above. Either your Psychotic or a paid troll

Where was I lying? :h

You specifically said their was no demand for our trucks and I said that was false and that there is demand(even though it small) with proof. How is that lying?

Robert, what is the population of Australia?
How many American trucks were sold in Australia?

Shiner, there you go, "No demand" for American trucks in Australia. What don't you understand about the number?

A dually with 4:10 gears that can pull a house over would benefit from having one more over drive ratio for running bobtail. It does not need a lower gear than 1st gear, and the ability of lock out 1st when not towing would be good, creating 2nd gear starts.

The SRW RAMs with the Aisin have a small issue between 2nd and 3rd gear towing heavy, however I am not sure it is worthy of a transmission redo.

Based on final gear ratios, that is the combination of rear ratio and the transmission gear ratio in use, does it really matter if you stay with a low rear ratio and add another top gear in the tranny or use the high rear ratio and add another gear below 1st?

In long haul trucks we have seen the gear count come down, not go up as the diesels got broader power curves.

Now my 13 speed Road Range behind a 350 hp 8V71 that you drove between 1900-2200 RPMs needed all those gears to keep it in that narrow power band.

Like pointed out earlier the Hemi RAM which current has issues with gear ratios will benefit from more gears.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I can't wait for FLT to do the Ike test with all 3 MFG so we can do this again. 🙂

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Funny thing is. I have seen a few of you guys get in the same heated debates in other threads but never say anything about it.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh gosh, I could do this with PMs and not bore people with my nonsense, NOT, said those that enjoy public debates about nothing that really matters.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
ford truck guy wrote:
I thought this thread would have been closed pages ago.... Nothing but a bunch of worthless arguments as to why each is right...

agree to disagree and get over it

See... now I have to disagree with that...:B
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

I thought this thread would have been closed pages ago.... Nothing but a bunch of worthless arguments as to why each is right...

agree to disagree and get over it
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

You were caught out lyingI so you cannot handle it when you are caught out. doubt you tell truth in any of your posts I pity for RoyB and the total waffle you have written above. Either your Psychotic or a paid troll

You specifically said their was no demand for our trucks and I said that was false and that there is demand(even though it small) with proof. How is that lying?

Robert, what is the population of Australia?
How many American trucks were sold in Australia?

Shiner, there you go, "No demand" for American trucks in Australia. What don't you understand about the number?

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
Me Again wrote:
Hey 385/865 works well in my 2015. I do not care about 1000 ft lbs and probably 95 percent of buyers feel the same. I whole issue of more gears is not that big of a deal with diesel engines that have wide/flat torque curves.

Just go buy the truck that ones DW likes the best, you probably can not go wrong with any of the three.

BTW, word games with someone 10,000 miles away, does not add much to this thread.

I agree with much of what you are saying however more gears would be valuable to an engine with a flat torque curve. When the power curve is flat gears are less important.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RoyJ wrote:

And for the sake of others on this forum ......... yes, emission absolutely dictates everything about engine design

Emissions does not dictate everything about an engines design. I never said that nor inferred it. It plays a big role in certain parts like multi-firing injectors, HPFP's, VG turbos, and tuning to name a few like I have been saying, but it does not dictate everything about its design.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD

RoyJ
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

I've learned that unless you absolutely agree with everything he says, he will use every possible way to prove someone wrong, while ignoring everything about the actual main point.

Yours being there's very little demand of high power USA trucks outside of North America, and mine being engine manufacturers go great extend to gain seemingly minor improvements in engine performance.

RoyJ
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
Yes, and is one of the major reason why OE's have to detune engines to meet them. However, aftermarket tuning does not. So just because the aftermarket increases power by tuning out these emissions does not mean it reduces the reliability of the engine like what was inferred earlier.

Some categories you can get away with multiple power outputs which many times the manufacturer will take advantage of by charging more for the higher power unit. Similar to what Cummins does with the 6.7L and how the regular output is 370hp/800lb-ft and the HO version is 385hp/930lb-ft. Or an even better example is the new X15 efficiency series which ranged between 400-500 hp versus the X15 performance series which ranges from 485hp to 605 hp. They are the same internally aside from injectors and turbos.

And for the sake of others on this forum ......... yes, emission absolutely dictates everything about engine design

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:

As I said you have a reading and comprehension problem. That is one issue the other you cherry pick what I say( similar to the issue RoyJ has with you) and Falsely misquote my posts. In other words ShinerBrock you are either a psychotic trioll or just a paid industry troll

How did I misquote you? You clearly said no demand which is false.

If you don't want me to call you out then stop lying just to **** on the US and our trucks like you normally do.