cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hot sauce

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
an Indian co-worker just returned form a trip home. he brought me a crazy hot sauce. ENE Bhut Jolokia Chilli Sauce Extra hot. linke is here. Holy **** its hot. Perfect. Whats everyone else using for face numbing hot sauce?
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....
20 REPLIES 20

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
I found a real nice salsa at Cabela's/Bass Pro. Called Cherith Valley Gardens 5 pepper salsa. Peppers, garlic, salt and olive oil. No tomatoes. Amazing. It is certainly not mild, but it's also nothing like the ghost peppers or habinaro(habenaro?)is. It's a hot sauce but certainly worth and honorable mention.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another sauce that we like is Arizona Gunslinger that is available in the Arizona area.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most hot sauces are used as condiments instead of ingredients that are part of a recipe. For heat within a recipe I go to spices in dry form such as red pepper flakes, chipotle powder and so on.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chris Bryant wrote:
I love them all, keep at least 4 kinds on hand, right now we have Franks, Texas Peteโ€™s, Valentina (a more cayenne flavor, Mexican staple), Ghost pepper sauce- crazy hot, and Sriracha .
Also love the clear vinegar with peppers in it you get at places like Steak and Shake.

We like hot vinegar too. We make our own with Datil Peppers, Jalepenos, etc.

Great on Collards and Spinach.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
I like Devils Revenge. Or take a look at Penderys.

Fivetwos
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
I've heard good things about mad dog. think its next to try for the very hot sauce.

Just watch out it's ridiculously hot. A drop goes a very long way!!!
I've never had a 10, but I have had....

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I love them all, keep at least 4 kinds on hand, right now we have Franks, Texas Peteโ€™s, Valentina (a more cayenne flavor, Mexican staple), Ghost pepper sauce- crazy hot, and Sriracha .
Also love the clear vinegar with peppers in it you get at places like Steak and Shake.
-- Chris Bryant

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Datil pepper sauces are tasty. A tad hotter the a jalapeรฑo or Tabasco sauce.

Trader Joeโ€™s Green Dragon sauce is good. Louisiana is our table sauce.

Silly Cha Cha sauce is always around too.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
unfortunately im not a fan of Sriracha or franks. I find they taste like vinegar. the Cholula original is by far my favorit flavor although Louisiana ordinal is good too. Love how something so simple as hot sauce has so many variations that so many people enjoy differently. always like finding a new one to try.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

J_R2
Explorer
Explorer
Kikkoman brand. Sriracha hot chili sauce. 10.6 oz container. Great flavor, just watch the heat. Use sparingly.
Ron & Joanne 06 Revolution LE 40E

nypatnva
Explorer
Explorer
Sriracha & Franks. 12 oz glass of V8 with either every morning. An hour later I'm clean as a whistle. LOL
2016 dodge ram
champion generator 1978 Serro Scotty Highlander (restored)

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
All the Tabascos and Louisianas. All Cholulas. Sriracha. Sweet chili sauce. Tiger sauce. Jalapeรฑo salsa. I like flavor and avoid those that make it so hot I canโ€™t taste anything.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like Sriracha especially as a dip for shrimp but that is my limit. No need to go stupid hot for bragging rights.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Sriracha for more heat or Cholula for the subtle heat.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk