cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No 120

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
2010 newmar dutch star. Had to many thins going this morning and lost 120v. Checked circuit breakers, the only one tripped was for inverter. Switched that back on. No electricity. Checked post and we have electricity to motor home. Checked gfi, still no electricity. What now? I have 50
amp service.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
15 REPLIES 15

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
IF you are on 50 amp service, you CANNOT have too many things running. You have excess 120 amp capacity when on 50 amp service. Doug

I concur. I was wondering the same thing when I read his post. How did he pop it to begin with. Maybe a short in the plug?

When I got my current RV in 05, I purposely ran everything on my genset.

The Intellitec displays amp load. I had both ACs on high, microwave on, hwh on, fridge running and a hair dryer and couldnโ€™t get to 60A.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Wire_Man
Explorer
Explorer
One of you ground fault receptacles is tripped possibly
Barney & Penny with our puppies Lucy & Ricky
2008 Fleetwood Discovery
NHRA Drag racing is our habit :C
Good Sams, FMCA, Cummins Power Club, Coach-Net

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
IF you are on 50 amp service, you CANNOT have too many things running. You have excess 120 amp capacity when on 50 amp service. Doug

Have done it.. once.

But the line I usually give is the Rules accordign to Readdy Kilowatt

20 amp you can run_____
30 ______
50 All You can eat

(This is short form normally I'd fill in the blanks)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you are plugged in to shore power, I would always start with checking the power pedestal You found your problem inside the MH this time but in the future, always remember to check the incoming power. Most of time that I lost power in my old MH, it was the pedestal.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
bobkatmsu wrote:
Feel like an idiot. I had checked breakers by pushing up on them, but took your advise and actually turned them off and then back on. I have electricity. Obviously not an expert but not a novice either. Should have known better. Thanks to all.

Breakers come in ... Far as I know.. 3 basic types
1: PUSHMATIC Supposed to have an indicator that shows TRIPPED. Key word SUPPOSED.. do not trust. Touch (Feel is different)

Toggle 1: These are often used on Inverters ONAN generators. they hae two positons ON and OFF. Now when they trip they flip So far I've never seen one false indicate.

Toggle 2 Three position On/Tripped/OFF they are SUPPOSED to go to the TRIPPED position when they trip.. Just like the Pushmatics.. Key word is still SUPPOSED.. Do not trust 'em. Cycle or .. Well again the feel is different.. Usually.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Always, check the cheap easy things first.

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
bobkatmsu wrote:
Feel like an idiot. I had checked breakers by pushing up on them, but took your advise and actually turned them off and then back on. I have electricity. Obviously not an expert but not a novice either. Should have known better. Thanks to all.

But if it happens again, you'll go straight to the breakers and look like a pro.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™ve done that too, Bob.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Circuit breakers commonly need to be pressed toward off before turning back on.
Idiots are the ones that can not admit an error!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
If resetting inverter does not resolve the issue, try starting the genny. If that restores power then problem is in shore power cord or automatic transfer switch.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Reset the inverter.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
Try flipping the breakers off and on (even if they look untripped) if you have not done so. Some breaker designs don't really look tripped when they trip--the handle doesn't move much or at all.

If you have no 120V power anywhere for anything, it would appear to be the main breaker that tripped.