cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1988 Intervec Falcon 190 Wiring

falconlife
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to trouble shoot my heater. I immediately blow a fuse when I turn it on. I have traced the wires and there appears to be no shorts. One thing that I thought was odd is the wiring to the heater is showing 24 volts going to it. Are there any manuals out there for these things?
7 REPLIES 7

falconlife
Explorer
Explorer
So it wound up being the motor is why the fuse is blowing. Replaced motor and it runs except no ignition. Sail switch seems to work fine. The electrode is not sparking at all. Would I need a new electrode or would it be something else?

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
sounds like there may be a short in the wiring somewhere.
here is a service manual for it Suburban Service Manual

falconlife
Explorer
Explorer
shastagary wrote:
we need to know more before anybody can give you much help.
the size of the fuse your blowing?
the furnace make and model number would be helpful as there are downloadable service manuals available for most of them.
if mud dauber wasps have built a nest in your furnace it could stop the fan from running and blow the fuse.
or if it has not been used in a long time it could be rusted up enough that the motor will not spin.

I did have a mud dauber nest on the fan cleared that out and still blowing a 20 amp fuse. Could here the fan start to move and then blows the fuse. It is a MT-12S Suburban

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
we need to know more before anybody can give you much help.
the size of the fuse your blowing?
the furnace make and model number would be helpful as there are downloadable service manuals available for most of them.
if mud dauber wasps have built a nest in your furnace it could stop the fan from running and blow the fuse.
or if it has not been used in a long time it could be rusted up enough that the motor will not spin.

falconlife
Explorer
Explorer
So, I'm a little slow. Had my multimeter turned to AC. When I turned it to DC I do indeed have 12 volts. So, I am still blowing my fuse immediately when the furnace is turned on. Do not appear to have any shorts.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 the heater is doing its job ,some body has the batteries wired wrong.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If you have two batteries then they are wired wrong. Should be parallel, not series.
It's blowing the fuse because 24V is frying it.
I would fix the high voltage before proceeding.

Good luck!

Scott