cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing convection/microwave oven

Paul1944
Explorer
Explorer
My Dometic DOTRC11B convection/microwave will not microwave anymore so I'm looking to replace it. My current installation has the oven installed over the gas cooktop with it's back flush against the wall. I have not been able to locate this particular model, guess DOMETIC doesn"t make it anymore. My current unit measures 30" wide 17" tall and 16" deep. Any recommendations?
Paul & Margie
7 REPLIES 7

Lache
Explorer
Explorer
Convection microwaves can perform all the cooking functions including barbeque your food. It provides uniform heat to the food item placed inside, making the food crispier. It is more expensive than the other two variants.
bakingreview.com

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I don't believe Dometic makes their microwaves. They've rebadged other brands. Fwiw my old Dometic mw in my old trailer was actually made by Samsung. If you Google the Dometic serial number you might get the equivalent in the actual manufacturer brand
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
One quick word of advice. If your microwave has one side flush against the wall (usually left side) be sure the microwave you get as a replacement will allow the door to open against a flush wall. Some doors are hinged so that they need a few inches to the side to fully open.
I discovered that this past summer when I replaced my microwave. First one I purchased and installed, then when I tried to open the door it hit the left wall.
Out it came and I had to find another microwave that would open correctly against the wall.

MrWizard
previous RV had a GE MW/convection over the range

took it down measured it, went to Home Depot and bought a replacement
also GE
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
You will find many over-the-range microwaves and most have similar dimensions to yours. I just replaced ours in the S&B with this Whirlpool which has almost the exact same dimensions as yours, however it doesn't have a convection option.

This biggest problem with replacing one with a different brand is the mounting methods. If you do, be prepared to remove the current mounting plate and install a new one, sometimes easy, sometimes not.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Close
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU