Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Suggestion Selling RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Suggestion Selling RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Bird Freak

Dallas Ga.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/19 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

I would like to hear the details about how a legitimate wire transfer was reversed. That goes against what every bank manager in every bank has ever said.

Unfortunately, I can't give many details over the interweb but it was an instance of fraud and we found out just how it can be reversed. It was actually a day later that we found out the transfer was succesfully stopped in its tracks.
My bank told me a wire transfer can be stopped before the funds are put in my account but once the funds are posted in my account it cannot be reversed.

Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Stim

NE Florida

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 08:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently discovered "Facebook Marketplace" for buying and selling!
Amazingly because of this website. Someone posted a link to a M H they were looking at and when I followed the link I found it.
There are a lot of postings on there and it seems less chance for scammers because you need to register to respond.
Since finding the site I found a GREAT deal on an 18' boat and missed another deal on a zero turn mower by a few hours.
You can't be too careful with money. I recently bought an item on ebay, paid with paypal and got notice from ebay that the item had been hacked.
I did cancel the p p and got my money back.
Have used wire transfers but made sure it was legitimate first.
CYA!

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bird Freak wrote:

ScottG wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

I would like to hear the details about how a legitimate wire transfer was reversed. That goes against what every bank manager in every bank has ever said.

Unfortunately, I can't give many details over the interweb but it was an instance of fraud and we found out just how it can be reversed. It was actually a day later that we found out the transfer was succesfully stopped in its tracks.
My bank told me a wire transfer can be stopped before the funds are put in my account but once the funds are posted in my account it cannot be reversed.

It's our understanding that the funds were indeed deposited into the thiefs acct but the bank was able to reverse it within a certain amount of time - maybe before the could take the money back out of that account. It may be that the conditions of the whole transaction were so questonable that the two banks worked together. I don't know how the mechanics actually worked.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Suggestion Selling RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS