Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Suggestion Selling RV
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Suggestion Selling RV

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/19 04:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have sold our last two RVs (travel trailer and fifth wheel) on Craigslist. We used the bank to meet at with a wire transfer and to release the lien (it was about $1K left on the lien). We had the bnak order the title a few days ahead of time, we all drove to the bank, traded what needed to be traded and then we all went our seperate ways. It worked out wonderfully.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yes theres scammers out there,but most people are good folks, to be safe wire transfer is great also dealing at the bank. if questions arize,go talk to your bank manager .

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 04:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Probably the first time I have seen someone make a post like this that honestly isn't trying to sell their RV.

FYI, a wire transfer CAN be reversed - we've done it.

I've sold cars and strongly suggest that if you get cash, have the buyer meet you at your bank and let that bank count the money.
There are people out there that are pro's at cheating you. This is the best way to thwart them.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Anything over $10,000 must be reported.

When I was buying, I was told that anything over $10k must be reported by the bank, so I went in over the course of several days and withdrew $9k each time. I dunno if that helps or makes me look even more suspicious lol. But no feds have shown up yet so...

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

When I was buying, I was told that anything over $10k must be reported by the bank, so I went in over the course of several days and withdrew $9k each time. I dunno if that helps or makes me look even more suspicious lol. But no feds have shown up yet so...

All very true. Also, no bank manager isn't going to sneak something by for anyone. That would be prison time kind of stuff and it would be silly because it doesn't matter anyhow.

I wouldn't be concerned about large deposits. I discussed this very thing with a bank manager and he said large deposits are done many thousands of times a day and the IRS just doesn't have the time or desire to even begin to check them all out. That plus the vast majority are legit so there's just no incentive for them to research it either.

* This post was edited 01/22/19 05:25pm by ScottG *

HadEnough

Traveling. Always.

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

rgatijnet1 wrote:

Yikes. That's structuring. That IS a federal crime, where putting through a large deposit is not.

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/19 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I mentioned, I am in Florida and the banks down here are already on the Feds list to keep an eye on. In any case, according to the bank manager, it is the banks that are required to report ANY suspicious deposits or withdrawals. They do not have Feds in every bank. As I mentioned, he knew me and he knew my cars so there was no suspicious activity for him to report. The same goes for most every business or large personal banking activities where your patterns are well known by the bank.
I would like to hear the details about how a legitimate wire transfer was reversed. That goes against what every bank manager in every bank has ever said.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 06:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rgatijnet1 wrote:

I would like to hear the details about how a legitimate wire transfer was reversed. That goes against what every bank manager in every bank has ever said.

Unfortunately, I can't give many details over the interweb but it was an instance of fraud and we found out just how it can be reversed. It was actually a day later that we found out the transfer was succesfully stopped in its tracks.

* This post was edited 01/22/19 06:44pm by ScottG *

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 01/22/19 07:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I recently had my daughter collect a load of cash from someone for me and the bank would not let her deposit it in my account. She put it in her own bank and wrote me a check which I deposited....I was told here that some banks do not accept cash at all any more but I have not seen that. I have also done the $9000--$9000--$9000 deal before, no problem.

T18skyguy

Eugene, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/22/19 07:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anytime I do a large cash transaction I always use the counterfeit pen to check it. That includes if I get it directly from the bank. I know a fellow who took out $10,000 in cash from US Bank. When he got home he tested it, and $4000 of it failed. He took it back to US Bank, they did confirm it was counterfeit, but would not take it back and make him whole. You would think that a bank would always catch that kind of thing. They even weigh each bill. He lost the $4000.

Retired Anesthetist. LTP. Pilot with mechanic/inspection ratings. 2017 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Wife and daughter. Three cats which we must obey.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Suggestion Selling RV
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.