Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: I want one===
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I want one===

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
USAFBILL

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/2020-gmc-sierra-hd-pickup-revealed-with-x-ray-vision

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 12:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very cool use of technology!

Clicky

1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

azrving

Oatman

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 01:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn't even try to look at the link. Who comes up with these ideas like self driving etc which just drive the prices up and eliminates some buyers.

turbojimmy

New Jersey

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 01:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azrving wrote:

I didn't even try to look at the link. Who comes up with these ideas like self driving etc which just drive the prices up and eliminates some buyers.

It's actually a pretty good idea. It uses a series of cameras to stitch together a view of the road behind you that "sees" through what you're towing. So you can see what's behind you without being able to see what's behind you.

If you don't want to pay for it then don't. I'm sure it's part of some huge, several-thousand-dollar option package. It's possible to order and buy a stripped down version of anything. Personally that's how I like my cars - the more simple the better.

smthbros

WI

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azrving wrote:

I suspect somebody said the same thing about electric starters, automatic transmissions, power windows, automatic chokes, automatic spark advance, etc., some decades ago.

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 02:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Neat - sort of a one-up for Ford's eye in the sky camera or whatever it's called.

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2017 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.4 HEMI, 4.10 / Auto

d3500ram

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am not necessarily a fan of foo-foo added electronic ad-ons (as it is only more stuff to go wrong) but if I were towing a large trailer I think this is an option I might consider!

Mickeyfan0805

SE Wisconsin

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/23/19 03:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting tech that's a slight step aside from current rear-mount cameras that are available. The integration could make it particularly intriguing.

On another note - not to hyjack the thread, but 'keeping and eye on live animals while on the road?' Do people really keep their pets in their trailers while they travel?

GordonThree

Northern Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mickeyfan0805 wrote:

Interesting tech that's a slight step aside from current rear-mount cameras that are available. The integration could make it particularly intriguing.

On another note - not to hyjack the thread, but 'keeping and eye on live animals while on the road?' Do people really keep their pets in their trailers while they travel?

Somebody probably thought it would work for a livestock trailer, so the marketing boffins corrupted that into meaning all pets.

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 01/23/19 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mickeyfan0805 wrote:

Horse people frequently do, and horse people tend to buy a lot of pickup trucks and tow a lot of trailers (making a very big generalization there, of course).

Even for dogs and cats, it could arguably be safer for them to be in a trailer (where they can't distract the driver or get in the way if they get startled) than in the tow vehicle.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> I want one===
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.