cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grand Design Solitude vs Solitude s class

sbell2003
Explorer
Explorer
What is the difference? I am having no luck searching this on the Grand Design website.
2019 KZ Durango Gold 356RLT
2018 RAM 3500 Dually
20 REPLIES 20

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flintstones wrote:
I had a rear fiberglass cap on my 2011 Cardinal, don't miss it at all on my 2018 Grand Design Solitude. I really like the wide body construction, which is not available on Montana, Cardinal, Cedar Creek, wide body makes a huge difference, especially with opposing slides like I have on my 375RES.

Over time, I've also seen more issues with leaks and separation with rear end caps than with the type of construction on the Solitudes.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
I had a rear fiberglass cap on my 2011 Cardinal, don't miss it at all on my 2018 Grand Design Solitude. I really like the wide body construction, which is not available on Montana, Cardinal, Cedar Creek, wide body makes a huge difference, especially with opposing slides like I have on my 375RES.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
klr650goldwing wrote:
I heard that Solitude S uses electric leveling and regular Solitude uses hydraulic. There are other differences too I'm sure.

You are correct.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
Full-time since 8/2015

klr650goldwing
Explorer
Explorer
I heard that Solitude S uses electric leveling and regular Solitude uses hydraulic. There are other differences too I'm sure.
2014 Grand Design Solitude 369RL
2017 F350 6.7 DRW CC LB 4X4
2012 Mercedes E550
2010 Honda Civic
2009 Saab 93 Aero Convertible
2004 Honda Goldwing GL1800
2004 Kawasaki KLR650
1966 Honda 305 Dream

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Until GD finds a rear cap for their higher end line, they will remain of the sales lot in my book.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
gastan wrote:
I will resurrect this topic because I came here looking for the same information. After visiting here I found this that gives a simple explanation of the S-class:

https://rvlifemag.com/grand-design-solitude-s-class/

I came back and registered to share. I hope it helps the OP and/or others.

Clicky: Clickable link
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
Full-time since 8/2015

gastan
Explorer
Explorer
I will resurrect this topic because I came here looking for the same information. After visiting here I found this that gives a simple explanation of the S-class:

https://rvlifemag.com/grand-design-solitude-s-class/

I came back and registered to share. I hope it helps the OP and/or others.

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Flintstones wrote:
We own a Grand Design Solitude, the new "S" Class is the same wide body coach except the interior amenities are cut below regular Solitudes to lower the price point.
Bummer is I like some of the S class floor plans better. Love the double vanity bathroom that the 3350 RL has. Full length mirror without the medicine cabinet above the vanity makes the bathroom feel very spacious.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

krev
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Had a chance to look at various GD's at a local dealer. They had only one Solitude S. It was pretty apparent to me that the S was the tweener between Reflection and Solitude. Still very nice. Few things the regular Solitude had that the S doesn't, including Generator prep and the quality just seemed higher in the regular solitude
I also checked out Forest River Cardinals and Cedar Creeks, and IMHO they do not hold a candle to the GD line. The Solitude for sure is head and shoulders above in my opinion.

Mike

You can get the generator prep in the S class, weโ€™re looking at one now. Iโ€™ve wanted a Solitude for a long time but there are things on the S I like much better. Love the wainscotting and kitchen chairs. The S has a closet at the front door and a large bathroom. We are comparing the Solitude 310GK and the S 2930.
1 husband 2 grown kids
2010 F-350 Lariat King Ranch, CC, diesel, short box
2009 Arctic Fox 27T

Flintstones
Explorer
Explorer
We own a Grand Design Solitude, the new "S" Class is the same wide body coach except the interior amenities are cut below regular Solitudes to lower the price point.

neal10a
Explorer
Explorer
I believer the underbelly is finished better for one thing in the regular GD. That means limited problems driving in the rain and more water tight. Also the S model has electric leveling while the regular model has automatic hydraulic leveling.

sbell2003
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the response.
2019 KZ Durango Gold 356RLT
2018 RAM 3500 Dually

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had a chance to look at various GD's at a local dealer. They had only one Solitude S. It was pretty apparent to me that the S was the tweener between Reflection and Solitude. Still very nice. Few things the regular Solitude had that the S doesn't, including Generator prep and the quality just seemed higher in the regular solitude
I also checked out Forest River Cardinals and Cedar Creeks, and IMHO they do not hold a candle to the GD line. The Solitude for sure is head and shoulders above in my opinion.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

gmcsmoke
Explorer
Explorer
there's no much of a difference, for instance even though their site shows a camper fridge in the s-class a residential can still be ordered.

I think if purchasing from a dealer a reduced price and options can be had but if ordering you can get a "solitude" in more floor plans. for example we love the bunk model s class, but add a residential fridge and it's the same as a regular solitude.